lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 10:20 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring F/R rocker switch to replace bell type

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfore View Post
Since there is not negative on the 400A solenoid should I use the B- ?
The solenoid coil has to have a connection to negative in order for the solenoid to operate. The coil small terminals need power and ground or else it won’t work.
The negative side (ground) is usually provided by the controller, or will go to the controller B- terminal.

Back to my original question for you, which kind of FnR switch are you trying to install?
It seems to me like you’re trying to hook up something that won’t work. The diagram you posted above has an SW180 or SW202 reversing contactor, and your pictures show an Mzj 400 which have totally different functions in the cart.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 01:34 AM   #12
cfore
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring F/R rocker switch to replace bell type

@Fairtax. Thanks for the help. I am installing the following:

2g cables
SR48500
400A Sol
SW202 with a new FnR rocker switch.

I have everything working (the cart goes forward/back) in the garage but im waiting on diodes for the SW202. While waiting I noticed I do not have negative cables on the orange "solenoid" I posted a picture of earlier. Just trying to connect the "SOL -" from that picture to the correct spot. Here are two pictures of everything i installed. The 2G cables are not done in this picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fnr.jpg (95.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (128.1 KB, 0 views)
cfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car