lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #1
motherpearl
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Reducer/Fuse Block 2005 Precedent

Hi all. Wanting to mount a voltage reducer and 6 way fuse block to promote clean installs of multiple 12 V accessories. Where are some places you've put these? I'm kinda wanting to keep them out of the battery tray, but not completely opposed to it. Since most accessories are near the front of the cart, I was thinking inside the space of the factory dash, since I have an aftermarket dash covering it. Thanks for any tips!
motherpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage Reducer/Fuse Block 2005 Precedent

Welcome to BGW!!

A common place for the Precedent is on the plate behind the front suspension. This is strong but out of the way and acts as a great heat sink. It is also very close to the dash for wiring. The fuse block can go behind the dash but space is limited so just put it where you can.

Putting everything in the tub is good for space but then you have to run lots of wires to the front of the cart. I think it's easier with the reducer at the front.

Pic 1 shows the position. Pic 2 shows mine in that position. Pic 3 shows the wiring - don't forget the fuse close to the battery in the +ve line and to connect the -ve line to the black cable with the yellow bullet, which goes to the controller B-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent_voltage_reducer_location.jpg (90.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Converter in position medium.jpg (82.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2542 with text medium.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:27 AM   #3
motherpearl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a million, great idea. Much appreciated! I can tell I'm really gonna enjoy this group.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
JWreck
Getting Wild
Club Car

Even though everyone mounts theirs up front, I kept it in the battery area. When I swap batteries for new ones sometime later this year, I’ll probably reroute wiring and keep the reducer in the battery bin but move the bus bar and fuse block elsewhere.

Just not keen on the potential of getting the reducer exposed to the elements or water.
JWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #5
motherpearl
Not Yet Wild

I went with the front. Routed a primary wire to the battery tray, and mounted fuse panel behind my customer dash. It is nothing but space Back there.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car