lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
texpic
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying Used Cart - What Can Go Wrong

I've never owned a cart so do not understand maintenance. I'm considering buying a used cart, have questions. I know our golf club swaps out carts every few years; by the time they are a few years old they usually are slow. I'm assuming they get slow because of the batteries? Maybe not though, is there something else that wears out? Assuming the cart steers well and has power, what other concerns should I have? Is there a cart, "title of ownership." If I need new batteries, approximately what does it cost to replace? I guess some carts are 48volt, others are less. If it isn't at least 48, what are the concerns (assume they are slow?).

What have I not asked that is important to consider? Thanks.
texpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Buying Used Cart - What Can Go Wrong

Look for 48 volt, yes it will probably need batteries, stay with the big three and just drive it and listen for noises. If it is an Ezgo RXV look for 2012 1/2 and newer. Proof of ownership depends on state.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car