lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent rebuild! Recommendations needed

Yesterday I picked up 2009 Precedent that flooded in 2017 and has been sitting ever since. This is my first cart so Im looking for guidance from you guys. Ive stripped it down to the frame and gave it a good cleaning. Being that it was submerged for several days and left sitting, Im assuming that everything(batteries,contoller,obc, solenoid, motor) will need to be replaced. Wiring harness looked to be in decent shape with only a few connections that will need to be replaced. The cart will mainly be used for cruising the neighborhood and occasional lake or beach trip. So what do you guys think? Blank canvass. Paint me a picture of the direction you would go. Thanks
HighRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent rebuild! Recommendations needed

Welcome to the site. One more thing as you have a good plan, make sure you drain and fill the rear axle oil. But for ideas is limited to your budget and what you want to use it for.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW

If the cart was indeed flooded, I would highly recommend replacing the wiring harness. The wires may look perfect from the outside, but inside they could be (probably are) corroded. You'll save many headaches down the road if you just replace it now.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jake is right on the harness....just replace it....and do away with the OBC ……
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #5
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the ideas and the welcome. Nsane we think alike, I drained and flushed the rear axle and refilled with fresh fluid yesterday. As far as budget I would like to stay under $4000 with lithium batteries. Im not at all opposed to replacing the harness. I spent some time searching for a replacement but had no luck. If anyone can post a link it would be appreciated. After quite a bit of surfing the forum today heres my plan so far.

New harness ( if I can find one)
Relion Insight 2-48v 30ah possibly add a 3rd later OR
Trojan T875 which option would you guys go with?
Altrax xct 500 controller
400 amp solenoid
Obc delete
Admiral MOT A2 motor

Would you guys change anything? Also vendor recommendations would be welcome. Im near Houston but Im willing to buy from anyone with fair prices and good customer service.
HighRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:31 AM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Call Dave at Revolution...Great customer service..He will point you in the right direction...

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/contact
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car