lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #1
Jtt5002
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 CC Precedent - New HD Rear Leaf Spring install - Grinding noise?

I installed new HD rear leaf springs last night on my 2014 club car precedent. I started with the back driver side first, completed the steps, put the wheel back on and minimally drove the cart to get it in position for the passenger side - had no grinding or buzzing noises or anything out of the ordinary.

I then completed the passenger side. The u bolt attachment was harder to get installed than the driver side but eventually got it and put the wheel back on. As I drove the cart back in place in the garage, we are talking about driving inches here, there is a grinding noise, metal on metal sound almost like the wheel drum wasn’t secure. So I took the wheel off, checked the drum and can’t figure out the issue. I tried loosening the break line thinking it was too tight but still had the issue.

Any advice? I made a video this morning for reference, you can hear the grinding noise but also when i engage the gas there is a buzzing noise that can also be heard in the video.

youtu. be/TG0hk2Fabnw

the above link should be with no spaces in the URL (in between . and b, i can only post URLs after being a member for 7 days and i just joined.

Thanks in advance.
Jtt5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
Jtt5002
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 CC Precedent - New HD Rear Leaf Spring install - Grinding noise?

Resolved!

The plate that is attached to the brake line/where the u-bolt screws into was rubbing the back of the wheel. Issue was from the u-bolt being slightly distorted and wasn’t at the right angle after installation. It required a few knocks with a hammer and fixed the issue after retightening the u-bolt in its adjusted position.
Jtt5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:47 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 CC Precedent - New HD Rear Leaf Spring install - Grinding noise?

Glad you got it figured out
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grinding noise, rear leaf springs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car