lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1998 club car ds powerdrive plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart983 View Post
Ok. Not sure what you mean by stickies. But, I don't mind doing away with the Regan. So, you think that the big solenoid is not clicking in to release the Regan?
No. The coil is getting hot because all the current to run the cart is going through it to run the cart. The solenoid disengages when you release the go pedal and the regen throws juice back to the batteries via the coil. IMHO this system is troublesome and primitive. I do away with it entirely. Others disagree but it is a decision you will have to make.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Go to "Home" then "Electric Club Car" There in red you will see "Sicky" Click on the one that says: Club Car wiring diagrams.

On the first page of that you will see: "1999-2002 Regen."
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #13
Bstewart983
Not Yet Wild

I found the diagrams. I didn't see one that looks like mine. So how do I do away with the Regan system?
Bstewart983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
I found the diagrams. I didn't see one that looks like mine. So how do I do away with the Regan system?
Did you look on the first page of the stickies? I have looked at the diagram 3 times in the last 10 minutes. However, it says 1999-2002. I'm pretty sure they are the same as far as what yours is but i'm not 100% sure. Either you will have to compare it to your cart, or perhaps someone else has another different diagram or knows if they are the same.

If that diagram does not match, look on the second page of diagrams where it says: "Regen 1." I did not think there were Regen 1's in 98 but I could be wrong.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:44 PM   #15
Bstewart983
Not Yet Wild

That looks like what I have. Sorry I didn't see the little link for it I was looking at all the other pictures of diagrams. But yes, that's what I'm working with.
Bstewart983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
That looks like what I have. Sorry I didn't see the little link for it I was looking at all the other pictures of diagrams. But yes, that's what I'm working with.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

With the key on, run/tow on and FNR in F or R, put your positive lead to the small blue wire on the passenger side small solenoid post. Put your negative lead on pack negative and see if you are getting 48 or so volts. (I don't think you have to press go pedal but its been a while since I worked on one of these)

Do all of this with the REAR WHEELS jacked off the ground.

Tags
controller, microswitch, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car