lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
northbank
Not Yet Wild

Default Fix up a old club car or buy a used stealth 4x4

Hello all,

I am debating on buying an old club car and fixing it up or buying a used stealth 4x4.

I want to get a kit to get an old club car up to 20 mph+ . This was the origional plan. However I just saw a 2010 stealth 4x4 for sale that is that fast with all sorts of upgrades (From what my club car would of had)

The reason I am now looking into buying the stealth 4x4 is it is about the same price as what it would cost to buy an old club car and fix it up with the upgraded kit.

Any thoughts on this? I am worried it might be hard to get parts for the stealth if something were to happen, compared to having a club car. (That is my biggest concern)

thanks and I hope all is well.
northbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fix up a old club car or buy a used stealth 4x4

to BGW

It's my understanding that a Stealth is a hopped up DS, so I can't imagine parts being too hard to find. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny my thoughts...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
to BGW

It's my understanding that a Stealth is a hopped up DS, so I can't imagine parts being too hard to find. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny my thoughts...
Thanks for the heads up Jake. I just looked at their website. I know that Club Car still makes DS frames for the Carryall. Are they supplying Stealth new frames and DS bodies for these carts? Interesting.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
northbank
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feed back. I just called buggies unlimited because they have always been who I buy parts from and they just said we stay away from anything that is not the main golf cart brands because of the part issues. Hopefully someone out there with a stealth 4x4 will have some insight. I would honestly love to hear they have mostly club parts in the car so everything is an easy fix :)
Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Thanks for the heads up Jake. I just looked at their website. I know that Club Car still makes DS frames for the Carryall. Are they supplying Stealth new frames and DS bodies for these carts? Interesting.
That I’m not sure about...

I know there is a member here that goes by sunoco that I think is either a dealer for the Stealths, or knows where to get parts for them.
Here is his profile: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/member.php?u=46675
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #6
northbank
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I reached out to him.

Where the serial number is it says JH Global Services, Inc. Looks like they are still making carts so its looking good for parts. I still don't know if I can get something that is not a club car. Thats all iv ever known!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car