lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question 48 volt IQ upgrade

I got it almost back together but want to confirm the last 2 wires before I do.

Battery negative coming through the OBC goes to B- I know this but what about the smaller black cable that goes to the stand off and then into the wiring harness. I assume it hooks up also to the B- like it did on the stock controller.

Alltrax doesn't even address it in the schematic. They also say install the fuse on the - side of the pack to make the cable long enough to reach but I don't think it's going to.

I also know I have #2 cables ordered and it want fit through the OBC so should I just cut it and do the OBC mod with a all threaded rod are run both cables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B- cables.jpg (104.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Alltrax 48 volt 500amp2.jpg (205.5 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48 volt IQ upgrade

Yeah the smaller black cable also goes to B- on controller.

As for the 2 gauge cable, some people have managed to squeeze the cable through the hole in the OBC with some lubrication. If that doesn't work, you'll have to go with a stud. I've heard brass toilet seat bolts work well for this and include everything you need (bolt, metal and plastic washers, nuts).

You have to use a single cable going through the OBC, otherwise the cart will not charge correctly.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt IQ upgrade

That small 10g wire going is to B- and is for your charge circuit. The other side of it comes out the OBC and goes to your charge receptacle.

And any of the #2 I have used will go thry the OBC with lube applied. If the lug is already in place, you need to get 2 pair of needle nose pliers and bend it like a "U" and then flatten it back out after you get it thru the Hall sensor.

I always install my fuse inside a mounted fuse holder. Some will install them right to the post, but I do not like that at all.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 48 volt IQ upgrade

Thanks guy's. I guess I'll wait for the new cables and see if I can lube it good enough to get through. I can cut the end off and crimp another. I have the crimping tool for it. That want be a problem.
I just hope his OBC holds up for him. It's a long ride from here to VA to fix it if it doesn't but he didn't want to buy another charger.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car