lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Upgrade stock club car controller

I took about a week to get mine back. Just down load the form call them to get order number and that it. They also give a one year warranty

Also I think it's only for series controllers, I could be wrong. If it's a Curtis or GE they own those brands now and that the ones I know for sure they work on. But give them a call they may fiddle around with others. Oh I did ask about altrax and they said NO! The boards are covered in epoxy
russb442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #12
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Russ
I have been eagerly waiting to see what YOUR outcome is with it

Have you tried it yet ?

What did you think about it ?

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #13
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Upgrade stock club car controller

I just sent them an Email
I can't find the form to send it a stock controller for upgrade to the 400 amp version

Thanks

Dale D
Old 11-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
ctdarnell
Not Yet Wild

If you hear back from them please update thread. I am looking to do the same thing with my 06 precedent
ctdarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

I ended up buy a 700 GE from scotty b so its still in box. I may sell it or just keep in case I blow the GE or the Alltrax I have.

here is the form i used CSF120_Standard_r_&_r.doc

on the form tell them you want to add extra Mosfets to make 400 amp. Like I said this if a series control I think the model number is 1204-410 something like that.

before i sent it in i talked to a Tech at FSIP. he said that because of the design and the ability for it run cooler if you compare the Mod curtis to 500 Alltrax, the curtis out performs the Alltrax. he said that it will run at 400 amp continus twice as long as the alltrax and also run longer on lower amps to.

i dont have time to compare them myself. i would rather sell mine fresh out of the box
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

UPDATE:

I recieved an Email from FSIP today, and I called and spoke to a lady named Maria Nesi at FSIP !

I told them what I wanted to do, and their response was, They have NOTHING AVAILABLE for the 2012 Club Car Precedent i2 Excel Drive System.

They DO NOT do the upgrades to this controler

What they will do however is sell me another controler and have me change out the entire wiring harness and then I can replace the controler

OK, Here is what I will do

I will purchase another good used controler from someone and I will design the extra MOSFET Transistors for the unit and upgrade it myself.

If successful in doing it, I will post the drawerings and plans here for everyone

I have a good friend who is an Electronics Engineer in design. He wons his own design company. I will get with Rick and bring the unit to him, and together we will come up with a way to increase it to about 450 to 500 amps

I'll keep yall posted.

I am only doing this because like everything else for this model cart, NOTHING IS AVAILABLE.....
I built my own 1" lift for the front and rear of My cart because no one has anything available for them

These carts SCAREthe producers of the parts
They ONLY want to build for the older carts

Dale D
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess not much has changed since when I looked for options last year for the Excel system.
That is why I asked you so many question about your high speed motor without any other modifications. My understanding was that the Bandit only got the speed gains because it included a 4 pole "speed" magnet with the motor rebuilt. Those don't work on the Excel, so I will be curious to see how they work now....
Anyway, here is a link so your friend has some idea of what is involved in adding mosfets to the curtis units. Keep in mind this is a series model, similar to the ones that FSIP works on. The sepex use a more complicated half-bridge design that may not be as simple to upgrade.
http://www.ferromit.com/controller.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

Why not just switch it over to series. Yes it sounds hard! But the after market side of it with controllers, motors ect are much greater. I may not know what I'm talking about right now, but I will let you know in the next couple weeks.

Precedent with a series 700 amp GE with a D and D motor reworked and painted by plumb quick!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
ctdarnell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for update, even though not great news for your controller. Did they say they don't upgrade any sepex controllers? Or only not for the excel carts?
ctdarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio - I looked at the link for the upgrade. It looks simply complicated meaning, if you got the time it can be done. If I had an old controller lying around I might just give it a shot. I would like to know where he obtained the new transistors and roughly how much it cost in materials. thanks for the link.
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car