lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
ReevesRacing
Not Yet Wild

Default Governor Question

Hello all,
I've been trying to get my 86 G1-AM that I bought to run correctly. I removed the throttle cables and rods and realized that my governor shaft (I think that's what it is) that goes down into the transmission is not bolted to anything. I can just slide it out of the trans. Does this need to be bolted to the fork like this diagram?

http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamparts.php?diagramid=639

On mine, item number 8 is NOT attached to 9. I have no idea if 9 is even in the trans still or not.

I'm building this as a drag race pit vehicle, so I don't really need the governor, unless it's needed for normal operation.

By hooking this back up, will it allow the rear wheels to free wheel when the brake and throttle pedals are both up? Right now if you try to push the vehicle, it turns the motor over.
ReevesRacing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha