lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #131
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: getting ready to start 36v to 48v conv????

That is not a programming option... You can choose from a list of throttle inputs but modifying them is not possible.... Post a pic of your set up. Lets see what can be done? Likely you need more leverage. A spring can be okay as long as it is heavy enough not to stretch out over time and give you less than 100% of WOT.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #132
111R
Not Yet Wild

The good news is that I haven't mounted the PB-6 yet. I have the peddle lever mounted and tested the PB-6 by moving it back and forth on the frame to see where I'd want to mount it.

I did buy new balls and sockets but can't find a fine thread rod for a solid connection. That's why I was considering the spring. I can either use a course threaded rod and connections from the hardware store or a piece of metal to link the lever to the PB-6.
111R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:18 PM   #133
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I used a little pivoting lever... There have been many variations on this ... I have used both springs and rods..... I prefer the rods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0812.jpg (87.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #134
111R
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the pic. I'm going to have to get a rod set up and mess with it until I get the PB-6 over to 100%. My pedal lever is about 8 inches, but I bent it in order to not interfere with the batteries. I suppose I can take some of the bend out of it to make it longer in order to get more travel out of it.

There is a lot of trial and error in this for sure.
111R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #135
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If I remember the lever in the pic is 6" with the pivot at 2".... that way I got more movement that the peddle rod was giving me....
Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #136
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgautreaux View Post
I just upgraded a 91 club car to 48v. Here's what I did. I bought an alltrax 4845 off of ebay for $210, a mjz 200 solenoid from evdrives ($60), new 4ga wires ($30), two blem 6v batteries from interstate battery ($100), two battery boxes from batteries plus ($20), and traded in my 36v charger for a 48v charger ($150). That's all I needed. My vglide and f/r switch works fine with this setup. I ran the cart for two hours solid last weekend up and down hills at the Tennessee v. Auburn game with no problems whatsoever. The 8 6v batteries give great runtime and the cart makes it up hills with 4 people and a cooler no problem. After talking with many people about the conversion, I was told that, because my cart was a solid state cart to begin with - no resistors - my f/r switch and vglide could handle the 48v conversion. Until I have a problem, that's what I'm doing.

Oh, and I've got a 6" lift and 23" tires!

Mine is a 93 club car with vglide but it does have some big resistor coils at the rear. Can I do the same?
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #137
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NO your v-glide is 36v and will not handle the 48v you will need to install a PB-6 throttle position indicator... 48v will melt your V-glide.

The person who you quoted does not know that he does not have a v-glide but a multistep potentiometer... they look similar... hope this helps
Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #138
Farmbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

just thought id toss in a pic of how i mounted my pb-6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 058.jpg (84.7 KB, 61 views)
Farmbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #139
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmbuggy View Post
just thought id toss in a pic of how i mounted my pb-6
How's that working out? Remember the PB-6 does not like to get wet... It is it's one downfall.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #140
Farmbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Its been working great! I dint know that but it convinces me to do a plexi glass type thing under and around the battry compartment to aid in keepin any splashing from gettin the electronics.
Farmbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car