lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
Mwy1983
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO DCS Nightmare! - Please Help

Hello Everyone, I am a local used golf cart shop located in Warwick, RI. We specialize in the construction of custom golf carts. We are relatively new to the business and our now operating in our third season. I often read these threads and find my answer but this one is a step above the rest. I have in my shop a late 90's EZGO DCS (all serial numbers and plates have been removed so I cant provide a serial number unless i'm missing a location i'm not aware of). I do not have a lot of experience working on these models but I'm aware of the their reputation. The one I have was completely dismembered. Wires cut, parts salvaged, just a mess. So here are my issues and questions.

When connecting the 36v pack to the cable coming from the solenoid it arks pretty badly.

I have found the basic wiring diagram and have pretty much put things back to normal. Does anyone have a diagram or picture of the solenoid assembly up close? I feel something is wrong on my end. I'm using a diode and resistor board as indicated to do so. Perhaps I have a connection in the wrong place as I still have zero power.

The controller has been replaced with the accurate model and has been rebuild from flight systems so i am 99% sure there is no issue there.

I am getting no power to the key switch.

The owner of the cart said he had it running briefly prior to bring it in but had concerns about "heat" coming from the motor.

This is a tricky one and I hope with the knowledge of these members of this forum we can figure this out. Thank you very much for your input. Any photos or info needed on my end I will be glad to provide. Thank you
Mwy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: EZGO DCS Nightmare! - Please Help

in have the parts manual for 97-98 TXT ... the diagrams are great

i attached it for you to use
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 97 98 txt.pdf (15.16 MB, 0 views)
Old 04-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The controller has several filter capacitors connected between the B+ and B- terminals and if the controller has sat disconnected for any length of time, you'll get a pretty good spark when the last cable is connected. If the Diode/Resistor board is backwards, the spark will be worse.

The purpose of the diode on the diode resistor board is a mystery to me. Unlike the diode installed on the solenoid in a series cart, it serves no purpose that I can see. Personally, I would get rid of the Diode/Resistor board and install a resistor across the solenoid contacts and a diode across the solenoid coil like is done in series carts.

BTW: All DCS carts were late 90's.
The DCS was introduced in 95 and ended in 99. Its successor, the PDS, was introduced in 2000.

Except for the F/R switch, all of the DCS carts had the same schematic. Attached is a picture of the early F/R assembly and the later F/R assembly is pictured in the parts manual CTD posted.

Attached is a schematic with the current path through the keyswitch highlighter. It is the early version, but the path is the same.

The second schematic has all the voltages needed to energize the solenoid highlighter. It is the later version.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:31 AM   #4
LosGuys
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB do you know where I can score one of these early model f/r switch? Please help!
LosGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You should be able to replace it with a dpdt switch and mount. Blue in the picture would be power coming in
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 92125ABA-A70F-479B-928F-0C94023B8684.jpeg (93.4 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is for the later version of the DCS F/R.

Here's one for the early style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Replace Early Type DCS FNR with DPDT switch.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:17 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay fire me.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:50 AM   #8
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Okay fire me.
OK ... you asked for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loq8OH8e70E

ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcs, ezgo 36v
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO