lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
rrhuehn
Not Yet Wild

Default Secondary or Driven Clutch Issues

I am working 1998 G16as that we put a new secondary clutch on this spring. Kids drive this hard most every day all day long in the summer so it gets used a lot. I am sure it has not been greased since it was installed and it has already been ruined. At the shaft it is coming apart, the guides are worn off and it ruined the inner sheath and the part with the guides. Has anyone else had issues with the secondary clutch not holding up or any thoughts if this is from a lack of maintenance and heavy use by the owner? They run set aside paths so it gets used as an atv and they are not easy on it.
rrhuehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Secondary or Driven Clutch Issues

Anything that is abused properly and maintained improperly is gonna break. Buy new parts--OEM are always best--and yell at the kids...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Not the kids fault. Lol jk gotta blame somebody. I believe the maintenance schedule is to grease every year but the way the kids give it hell would do it more often than that.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
rrhuehn
Not Yet Wild

I'm thinking lack of maintenance as well. It's a friends cart and they use if very heavily. Probably should be greased every few weeks much as they drive it.
rrhuehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Call plowmans monday and he will set you up with all new parts, 2 day shipping, and phone support with the install.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Probably needs a belt as well
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha