lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
williasp
Not Yet Wild

Default Parking Brake/Gas Pedal Safety

Hi all. Does any company make a parking brake safety system?

I have 2 young (2 and 4) children and the 4 year old (and probably the 2 year old soon enough) likes to go out to the ranch with me and "help". The golf cart is great because he can get in by himself without too much trouble.

I am worried about him accidentally hitting the gas pedal and disengaging the parking brake while on an incline. He could roll away or roll over his sister or me by accident.

I saw this post from 2011: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ake-ez-go.html . There is the mention of disconnecting the linkage that connects the throttle to the parking brake.

Sure would be neat if someone would make a contraption that would allow for "safety on"/"safety off". Safety on makes you hold down a switch with your foot or finger or hand to allow the gas pedal to release the PB, safety off and it functions as it is. That or a butt sensor like I have on my John Deere for the engine, just for the parking brake.

So, does anyone know someone that makes something or is willing to share what they have done?

Spencer
williasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2016, 11:01 PM   #2
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parking Brake/Gas Pedal Safety

I am unaware of a product like that, BUT have you thought of using some sort of block for under the gas pedal?
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
williasp
Not Yet Wild

I disconnected the link (just a metal bracket) that ties the gas pedal to the PB release yesterday. Now you must push down (not incredibly hard) on the bottom part of the parking brake to disengage the parking brake. more force is needed and it is safer than before, but i am still thinking there should be a safety switch that you have to hold in to make that unlock occur.

Spencer
williasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good move, cant be too safe with kids!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO