lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #11
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electrical Motor Products, Inc- Custom Motors

I said it before and I'll say it thousands more, Chuck is a motor genius. I have worked with some of his motors myself as well as working with control systems for folks who ordered his motors. His work is top notch and usually exceeds expectation.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #12
DKRgoods
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think you might be over thinking this. But I see what you are getting at. Option 3 is the best bet for the money.

But I have a question for you? How do you stop this thing of yours? The speed you are at is very fast for stock brakes on any cart. I have a Club Car with a PlumQuick Bandit that does roughly 18mph with stock brakes... I have to drive the thing like it has no brakes because I know I can't stop quick if I wanted too.

Enjoy the new motor. :-)
DKRgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IMO anything over 25MPH is too fast for a cart with only rear brakes. You won't stop very quickly if you have to.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #14
haftafish8780
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRgoods View Post
I think you might be over thinking this. But I see what you are getting at. Option 3 is the best bet for the money.

But I have a question for you? How do you stop this thing of yours? The speed you are at is very fast for stock brakes on any cart. I have a Club Car with a PlumQuick Bandit that does roughly 18mph with stock brakes... I have to drive the thing like it has no brakes because I know I can't stop quick if I wanted too.

Enjoy the new motor. :-)
there are very few places where I will actually be getting up to that speed, (just a few maybe 1/8 mile sections between our neighborhoods) I just want the 30mph for those small spots when I have to get on the main road (posted speed limit 35) just for a short distance. Plus my brother has a PQ Bandit on his 2008 Precedent and I want to be able to keep up if I have too. I look at it this way , my car will got maybe 130 mph give or take (I don't ever drive it that fast) but its nice to know I could go that fast if I had to
haftafish8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #15
haftafish8780
Getting Wild

Club Car

TO be honest I think I am going to go with option 2, from the performance stats I don't see any real advantage to going with option 3 except (durability) I would really rather not deal with that large of a motor size wise
Old 05-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #16
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Electrical Motor Products, Inc- Custom Motors

Changing the rear drum brakes to disc brakes is a natural and easy way to stop these 1400lb carts...fortunately for me my California Roadster comes with factory front disc brakes and they really work!
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I disagree. Rear disk brakes are only slightly better then rear drums that are properly adjusted and in good condition. You will start sliding the rear tires in any kind of panic stop. Front brakes do most of the work in any car.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #18
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Electrical Motor Products, Inc- Custom Motors

Part of that has to do with tire size...most will tell you they can stop faster with disc brakes and worry less about internal adjustments and accumulated brake dust. See customers responses with regardes to disc brakes just posed on this forum.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree that disk brakes have advantages but properly adjusted drum brakes will lock up the rear wheels on any cart I have ever seen. Try a panic stop sometime and you will see that rear wheel only brakes won't stop you very fast.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:18 PM   #20
haftafish8780
Getting Wild

Club Car

Talking Re: Electrical Motor Products, Inc- Custom Motors

Ok so I just placed my order today. I decided to go with choice #2 the
- EX1-4005-LR*z2 I can't wait to get it in and I am having Chuck make 3 different Maps for me so I can kind of plug and play. I will let everyone know how I works out

Tags
motor, upgrade, upgrade contoler
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car