lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
jmichel62
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas G16, Mud Around Spark Plug

First post, new to Golf carts. I work and live in Mazatlan, Mexico and recently purchased a used Yamaha G16. Two questions:

Started to do a little PM on the cart and while changing the spark plug I noticed mud cacked around the spark plug. I have no clue how somebody could have managed that but I do live in Mexico. My question is what do I have to take apart to get to this area? I could take the spark plug out and clean the mud out but im sure some would fall into the cylinder.

I have worked on motorcyles for years so I am familier with engines, but I need to plan due to the lack of parts down here. Will I need to replace any gaskets etc. Looks like I might have to take off the muffler.

Next: The front end is very noisy. I jacked up the front end and the wheels have a lot of play side to side. Looks like I will need to replace some parts. Does anybody know of a company that sells a complete kit? Do I need any special tools to do the job? One thing to think about, I might lift the cart later, does a new lift kit include these parts?

Thanks for the help.
jmichel62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Gas G16, Mud Around Spark Plug

Welcome to the forum! I would wash the mud out with a water hose if available or dig most of it out with a small screwdriver before washing but do not pull the plug until the mud is removed. You have some worn parts in the front end. Identify the parts and find a dealer that supplies them. BU has parts as do many others. Do you have an owners manual? If not, Yamaha has one you can download free from their web site.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would suggest removing the plastic shroud around motor and cleaning the fins around the head. Then replace the shroud. A arm lift will come with most of the parts you need.
CPP one of our site sponsors should have the king pins and bushings. New a arm lifts will have the bushings but not king pins. No special tools required.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

By all means use our site sponsors for your parts. I forgot where I was. Our sponsors are the best I have ever used, I just had a brain glitch on my earlier post. I guess that is what happens when a Southern boy finds himself up to his rear in ice and sleet and can't work on his cart!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
jmichel62
Not Yet Wild

If possible can yall provide the link to the sponsers for this forum, I will gladly use them. Cant find parts down here. Wanting to buy new seat covers, rims and tires (Stock Size).

Also, what else would yall recommend I do the cart as far as PM. I changed the air filter, fuel filter, spark plug, and Oil. Im thinking of changing tranny fluid (What Kind of Tranny Fluid?), rear dif (90 wt im assuming). What else? Does it have any grease fittings that need to be lubed?

Thanks for all the help guys, the golf bug has definely got me.
jmichel62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

You can get the owners manual here!

http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...rsmanuals.aspx
Old 02-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum jmichel62..............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha