lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2017, 05:44 AM   #1
Mandude3287
Not Yet Wild

Default Xrt 1550 U joint?

Does anyone have a part number for u joints? I have found part numbers for the entire shaft, but it’s 150$! I just need a new u joint for the rear shaft coming off the transmission. Thanks!
Mandude3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
Wlldraper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xrt 1550 U joint?

I do not have it handy and won’t have it until next week. I pulled mine out and took them to my local auto parts store and they checked and matched them up at the store. I want to say the two of them was a little less than 30 bucks
Wlldraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
Nogottiranch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlldraper View Post
I do not have it handy and won’t have it until next week. I pulled mine out and took them to my local auto parts store and they checked and matched them up at the store. I want to say the two of them was a little less than 30 bucks
Did you ever find the part numbers? I'm needing some as well. Thought about doing what you did but if I can avoid down time and trial and error...
Thanks
Nogottiranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
RenoHuskerDu
Getting Wild
Club Car

Club Car wants $230 for the front shaft. Plus shipping.

Ingersol Rand is just another big rude company on the phone. The phone staff sound like urban toughs.

I'm pulling the front shaft out and taking it to NAPA. Ingersol Rand doesn't make U joints. They buy them from the Dana Spicer catalog, or another firm.
RenoHuskerDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Depends on the joint. Kawasaki makes some that are metric sized that many parts stores just don't carry. (and club car likes to use Kawasaki parts)

I had to order some that were $75 a piece for our turd Mule. Should have just chucked the prop shaft in the scrap pile and made it 2wd.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #6
RenoHuskerDu
Getting Wild
Club Car

LOL, you're like my only friend out here, the only other guy with XRT knowledge. And David is on vacation till the 15th. Doh.

I'm pushing one of the u-joints out now and taking the whole shebang to NAPA tomorrow. They say they've sourced u-joints for other ATVs. Got it in my vice and started cranking ... POP, the front of the laminated work surface cracked where the vice is attached, darn. Screwed and glued, waiting till tomorrow....
Old 04-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #7
RenoHuskerDu
Getting Wild
Club Car

Here are the u-joints from NAPA. UJ838. I'll confirm after successful installation.

I won't be able to edit this post, so READ MY NEXT POST to make sure they worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190411_141550__01.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #8
RenoHuskerDu
Getting Wild
Club Car

OK, for any interested including @Wlldraper @Mandude3287 @Nogottiranch

The NAPA UJ838 is a good fit except for the C-clips. The caps protrude slightly because they are slightly longer than the original caps.

The groove into which you'd press the C-clip is only partially clear. So the C-clips won't go it. I suppose you could machine them down given access to a good metal shop.

But those caps are in the yokes tight. That fit is right, and I centered them well in the yoke. I'm not concerned that my u-joints are going to come flying out. This XRT only goes 28mph.

I will monitor the caps closely the first few days and see if there's any movement.

These pics should explain the fit issue. Total cost was $33 for both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cap.jpg (647.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Caps.jpg (468.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cclips.jpg (524.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I’ve had that plenty of times before and it’s because the yoke ears on these smaller drive shafts flex when you press the caps in. You have to press one side in further, install the lock clip, and then persuade the other side to fit in all the way with a hammer. Not by hitting the cap, but by hitting the yoke on the opposite side with the cap sitting face down on the anvil. Typically the lock clip will just barely fit and the joint will be very TIGHT to move. But they loosen up when the joint starts moving on the vehicle.

Did you measure the outside width of the new u-joint with the caps installed and pressed down tight? Does that match the width of the original u-joint?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

105100901 is the factory number for the U-Joint
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car