lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #11
Sero
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax XCT48500-DCS problem

CrazyDad,

I'm using a PowerWise 36v. Says industrial model # 28115 G04.
Sero is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Does the charger work? Will the cart take a charge?
What is the battery pack voltage?

Why is the solenoid not clicking?
Is it missing the + or the - side of the activation circuit when checking the small posts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #13
Sero
Not Yet Wild

Scotty,

Yes the charger works. I charged the pack yesterday afternoon. It's an old pack but voltage at the battery terminals is 37.6. I forgot to mention I created the reed switch jumper you mentioned earlier just in case. So the reed is currently bypassed.

So this is interesting. I'm not sure why I did this but I toggled the run tow switch and when it came back on I heard the click of the solenoid then a click again after 2-3 seconds. Same thing as if i do a software reset of the controller. Now it gets even more interesting. With negative lead on battery negative and positive lead on small positive terminal I get 37.4. And on small negative terminal I get 32. This is with key on. If I turn the key off the 32v on the negative coil disappears. Doing the same tests on the large posts of the solenoid I get this: positive post shows 37.6 regardless of key switch but the other side shows 35.5v when key is on and jumping milivolts when key is off. Could the solenoid be shorted internally?
Old 07-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #14
Sero
Not Yet Wild

I should add that there's no clicking of the solenoid when the key is toggled.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #15
Sero
Not Yet Wild

Also this is the 400A HD solenoid that you sold me with the alltrax controller. Should I try connecting up the old light duty solenoid to see if that's the problem?
Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't think it is a solenoid problem but, a solenoid activation problem. In the PDS the negative side of the solenoid activation is (+) until the pedal is depressed.
Put the test leads on the small terminals, when the pedal is depressed you should read 36v between these 2 posts.
If not 36v see which side is missing + or - when the pedal is depressed.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #17
Sero
Not Yet Wild

This cart is a DCS. Not sure if that makes a difference. Pushing the pedal makes no difference in the voltage readouts at between the small terminals and battery ground. I get 0 volts across the two small terminals regardless of key switch position *edit* or pedal position.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the negative side of the solenoid activation circuit has failed the controller may be at fault. You can temporarily remove the negative side wire and replace it with a new wire going directly to the battery main -.

Then the solenoid should click when the pedal is depressed and when the pedal is let up.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sero View Post
This cart is a DCS. Not sure if that makes a difference. Pushing the pedal makes no difference in the voltage readouts at between the small terminals and battery ground. I get 0 volts across the two small terminals regardless of key switch position *edit* or pedal position.
They are very close PDS was the next generation. Solenoid activation requires + and - at the 2 small posts.
So which is missing the + side or the - side?
This is pretty basic stuff the regulars should be able to help with.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #20
Sero
Not Yet Wild

Removed negative side wire and jumpered to battery negative. Solenoid activates as you described.

Tags
alltrax, dcs, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO