lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Moman Anderson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 03 ezgo gas st350 igniter wiring

I have wired this three different ways per diagrams off manuals and done a check with no progress I also done a check on the pulser and ignition coil they checked good per troubleshooting but the ignitor is not wired the same as the manuals say does anyone know what the wires in the ignitor do exactly or have a wiring Diagram of the inside of the ignitor my ignitor is a 5 wire they are all on the same side. In sequence top to bottom if looking at it wires are on the right. top black,red,blk/wht,wht and the bottom is orange. This ran pretty good prior to getting flipped I have checked all wires replaced the ones that got burnt but someone before I bought it had messed with the wiring it just looked like a cluster fk in this area if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it thanks Mo
Moman Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
Moman Anderson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 ezgo gas st350 igniter wiring

Is there anyway to bypass this igniter ? I seen a video but not for sure if I should try it or not . This is my first UTV so don’t know much about them . I do know it’s a rev. Limiter/governor the way I understood. the only one I have worked on in the passed where mechanical.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moman Anderson View Post
Is there anyway to bypass this igniter ? I seen a video but not for sure if I should try it or not . This is my first UTV so don’t know much about them . I do know it’s a rev. Limiter/governor the way I understood. the only one I have worked on in the passed where mechanical.
You cannot bypass the ignitor. There is no test that will show if it is bad other than putting another one in its place.
I always tell me to get a test light. Ground the test lead to neg side of battery , spin starter over with white wire still connected and sharp end of test light stuck on the + side of coil and see if it blinks or stays solid. Let us know the results.
I have rewired many of these carts and never once had one that would not fire. Most of the time if I do have an issue its with the bracket where your ignitor mounts being rusty and not making a good ground.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
Moman Anderson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks I will do that and I will buy a new ignitor
Old 06-03-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

So you have already determined the ignitor is bad ?
Old 06-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
Moman Anderson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It stays solid but I think I still might have a wire issue who every messed with this wiring bypassed the peddle switch but it ran fine that way they had it on a toggle switch I figured when I got around to cleaning it up I would put it back the way it was supposed to be but now for some reason it’s staying hot at the ignition switch even when the key in the off position got to figure that out .Thanks I will let you know something in the manuals that have should walk me through it
Old 05-11-2023, 04:02 PM   #7
Josh06
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread but it came up in the search bar. Is the test light supposed to flash or be solid. Mines solid but don’t know if it’s supposed to be?
Josh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:08 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh06 View Post
I know this is an old thread but it came up in the search bar. Is the test light supposed to flash or be solid. Mines solid but don’t know if it’s supposed to be?
We can help better if you start your own topic. Its gets very confusing when trying to help people if they post in an old topic. I hope you understand.

Tell us in your new post exactly what all you have did to this cart and what problems you are having. I am assuming its a pre mci engine . They have the black timing cover.
Someone should answer your post soon.

Tags
igniter, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO