lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
WyomingBorn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2018 Yamaha Drive Gas

We just purchased a 2018 Yamaha Drive with the carb gas engine. Is there a device I can install on the cart to kill the electrical accessories once the switch is turned off. I know that there are dozens out for the electric carts which lower the pack voltage to 12v. Just wondering if anyone knows if such a device is available.
WyomingBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 Yamaha Drive Gas

I would like to know this as well. I went out over the weekend and my cart that had been sitting less than 2 weeks had a dead battery. My cart is EFI but I would think the same device would work for both.
Apexcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Are all of the electrical accessories connected to a fuse box somewhere? That would be step 1.

Step 2 would be wiring the fuse box to a relay that turns on and off with the key switch. Any standard SPST or SPDT relay is capable of around 20A current draw.

The only thing that you would want to keep 12V all the time would be if you have a radio installed, to retain memory function (radio presets, bass/treble settings, clock, etc).

How long does it take for the cart to go dead? How often do you let it sit long enough for it to go dead? An alternative that would be easier to wire if it frequently sits for extended amounts of time, would be a battery kill switch. Any marine store would have them, it would just hook inline with the positive battery wire. When the cart is going to sit, give it a twist and the battery is disconnected. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Disconnect-Ve...54685735&psc=1
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
Schooner
Getting Wild

under the cup holder area is a decent size compartment just need to remove the one screw and it pop out.

tap key switch power wire and run to a relay, then run 12 volt + to from battery to a relay, run 12v + out to fuse block, the 12v- back to battery. then all accessories added can be turned on/off from key switch from the fuse block, plus you have all accessories fused for better protection.
Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

I ordered one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Apexcars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, lights, power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha