lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2019, 06:30 AM   #1
wcowden89
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 EZGO TXT DCS won’t move after light install

Hey guys,

Recently installed a light wiring harness and front lights on a buddies TXT DCS. It had an existing (Non-working) light kit but it was a mess. Luckily I had a complete TXT light kit from a TXT I used to own. My buddy has a small 12 volt battery that is separate from the 6 volt primaries that only powers the lights which made for an easy install. The ONLY wires that were disconnected from the cart during install were one of the key ignition wires and one of the wires from an aftermarket voltmeter gauge which were reconnected after install. Now that I’m finished, the cart won’t move. Turn key on, voltmeter gauge turns on, press accelerator and nothing. Solenoid ISN’T making its notorious “click” and I am getting the reverse buzzer. I’ve spent hours checking connections even in areas I wasn’t working near and reading threads. The cart had been sitting in my buddies garage with a lower voltage reading so we let hit charge for 3 or 4 hours before I drove it down the street to my house. Overall voltage is reading 38 plus on the batteries.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks
wcowden89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 97 EZGO TXT DCS won’t move after light install

Welcome to BGW!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
Vandy_Guy
Not Yet Wild

Can you post a pic of the wires running to your battery pack? I have the exact same cart and could at least confirm everything looks the same.
Vandy_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
Dipstick56
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is the extra battery for the lights grounded to the frame? I just replaced a cobbled in wiring system with what I thought was a better system with a grounded battery. When I got done I had no lights and the cart would not start. I disconnected the body ground, cart took right off. Then I had to go back and wire each light with a ground wire to the battery. If your using the factory wiring with an added battery that is frame grounded, might be the same problem. (I have not yet figured out what the ground did). My cart is a different brand and is a gas model.
Dipstick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
wcowden89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy_Guy View Post
Can you post a pic of the wires running to your battery pack? I have the exact same cart and could at least confirm everything looks the same.
Attached two photos, one of the battery pack (which I had not messed with) and the second of the separate battery for the lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62481698-4B7C-4A4B-BCE8-2F04206F3F16.jpg (25.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8A6B46AC-DB32-473D-86E6-D2DC9AC9344D.jpg (23.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #6
wcowden89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipstick56 View Post
Is the extra battery for the lights grounded to the frame? I just replaced a cobbled in wiring system with what I thought was a better system with a grounded battery. When I got done I had no lights and the cart would not start. I disconnected the body ground, cart took right off. Then I had to go back and wire each light with a ground wire to the battery. If your using the factory wiring with an added battery that is frame grounded, might be the same problem. (I have not yet figured out what the ground did). My cart is a different brand and is a gas model.
Ya know that may just explain what’s wrong. When I removed the birds nest of a mess with the previous lighting the front lights were rigged up to be grounded which they were. I should be able to disconnect the lighting and maybe the cart would move? If that’s the case, I’ll buy a voltage reducer and hookup to the pack directly.

Last edited by wcowden89; 10-03-2019 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Update
Old 10-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #7
wcowden89
Not Yet Wild

Just unhooked the lights from separate battery and no luck. Is there an overall ground for the cart itself?
Old 10-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #8
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You’re just going to have to make sure you have power where you’re supposed to have power then get back to the lights
Maybe this will help... found it in another thread

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...activation.jpg
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #9
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcowden89 View Post
Just unhooked the lights from separate battery and no luck. Is there an overall ground for the cart itself?
They don’t have a ‘ground’... just a negative circuit... if someone wired a frame ground... they’re asking for trouble
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #10
wcowden89
Not Yet Wild

O boy, alright. Would I be on the right track to assume that it may be the ignition switch or solenoid as the ignition is the only component I unplugged during the light install and because the solenoid isn’t clicking?

Additionally, the lights do work after install. Just no movement from the cart. This “favor” has turned into a nightmare.

Tags
dcs, no clicking solenoid, wont move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO