lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 02:30 AM   #1
Gibbs47
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo workhorse build and questions

Hey all,

I’m new to carts but have been building a Ezgo workhorse I picked it up relatively cheap was cosmetically pretty rough the engine itself seemed to run good. I’m looking for some help on a few things.

Does anyone have pictures on the correct ignition wiring they had the wording a
Mess and the cart was essentially always on.

I’m working on a James drop axle 6” lift and ordered some new front shocks of amazon (MonSai) they are two short can anyone recommend some I can pick up locally(autozone?) or the correct extender thread for the monsai shocks?

I’m trying to figure out the best was to mount a winch (can weld) any pictures of any on a workhorse/txt with jakes.

I’m converting this to a 4 seater see profile picture, and am looking for roof ideas.
I’ve gone over budget and am trying to avoid spending 400 on an 84” roof. Was thinking about a 84” roof rack from amazon and then some light gauge diamond plate? (Might look Better anyway).
Gibbs47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2020, 02:52 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo workhorse build and questions

If you can supply more detail about which model you have we can help more. The wiring on most of the early models are the same as the TXT cart apart from the addition of lights, fuel gauge, electric actuator for dump bed etc.

This may help some as it has wiring layouts but not a diagram. i may be able to find a diagram in my archives later though.

https://www.jacobsen.com/img/manuals...f?m=1594661332

EDIT.
This is the best i can do for now!

ST350 accessorywiring.JPG

Some or all of the accessories may or may not be on your cart, again it depends which model you have. Look in the dash for a serial number plate and give us the Manufacturing code and serial number.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Maybe this
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E3AFD8C2-D821-425D-AFFA-3A766B9AB3CB.jpeg (228.4 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

That's the one I was looking for earlier. I have it on file somewhere as a pdf file. Just can't find it. For clarity switch MS3 is the pedal switch and yes, power goes through the pedal switch before the ignition switch which confuses people looking for power at the ignition switch first lol.

Looking closer at the pictures, if the orange bodywork is the original factory colour, then it may have been branded as Jacobsen rather than EZGO. Not that it matters as all parts are the same. Just a few minor differences. Do you know what size the engine is? Either 295cc or 350cc. This will help identify it along with the manufacturers code and serial number. Most TXT parts will also be compatible which is useful when searching for parts and accessories.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #5
Gibbs47
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies on the serial badge it apprears to be a 99 and based on some reading I believe the 1200. I will look at the engine tomorrow. It had multiple coats of paint looks like red was the original color.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:17 AM   #6
Gibbs47
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone have any roof suggestions? Also any luck with a relay of the ignition switch without running a hot to the switch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96CBF411-CFBE-4D17-AB4C-FF59436EBD81.jpg (25.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4D1B2D08-BB05-4CD1-B845-90112FC12B58.jpg (25.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2020, 03:36 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

OK. I cant help with the roof, but am willing to assist with your ignition issue.

First of all, I do not know what you are asking! you asked for the wiring diagram which you now have.
If you read the diagram properly you will see that the power for ignition is not fed directly to the switch as expected and this may be what confuses you.

power from the battery goes to one large stud on the solenoid, then a second smaller wire coming off that same stud goes to an in line fuse.

From the fuse. it goes on a red/white wire to the back of the gear selector and then follows down to the pedal switch under the floor on a red wire (MS3 on the diagram).

From the pedal switch it comes back on a green wire to the IGN switch (Key switch) and then back down on a blue wire to one of the small studs on the solenoid.

So the sequence for ignition is such that power is only fed to the ignition switch once the pedal is depressed to allow power to energise the solenoid and supply power for the ignition circuit (coil and igniter).

If the cart engine runs fine, then all you need to do is find out what and why has been altered to have the ignition permanently on.

follow the wires and see where they go. Then you can come back to us to trace any faults and what to do to rectify it.

You speak of a relay but there is no need for one if you rectify the issue and replace any missing or faulty parts. Keep it simple, keep it reliable.

Show pictures of the wiring behind the dash panel, around the gear selector and at the solenoid. and if you can get to it, the pedal switch under the floor.

To gain access to the pedal switch, remove the two rocker panels, lift the rubber floor mat and you will find a plastic box in the floor with a lid held on with four screws. undo the screws and lift off the lid.

Under here you will see the micro switch and throttle control. we are only interested in the switch and its wiring.

I will just add, please do not move/tamper with any wires yet until we see the pictures. It is harder to diagnose if something has already been messed with. albeit you say someone already has, but let us worry about that and get you sorted.

Once we see all this we can start diagnosing your cart.

Tags
6” lift, ezgo, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts