lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Squeaky Motor

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent IQ. Stock everything.

When I leave to the golf course, the motor squeaks on the initial take off. once warmed up, it runs completely fine. i can play 36 holes with an hour or two lunch and there is no squeal.

Outside of the squeal, there are no performance issues. Power is great, not issues with acceleration.

Is there any place to lube up the motor? Could it be something other than the motor? Open to any suggestions.
Peth0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Squeaky Motor

If' its definitely from the motor, then most likely the brushes wearing out. Nothing to lube, it needs a rebuild.
Or if you're thinking of an upgrade, now would be the time.

Brakes can squeak as well, so try removing the drums and cleaning everything out really well and make sure the shoes are not worn down to metal.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thank you! I was hoping it wasn't the brushes. If I don't replace, will there be other issues down the road? It's a friends motor.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

At some point it will start to shudder or jerk around on take-off. And then it will have very little power, may not reach full speed, and then it will no longer move at all.

As it is right now, it’s rebuildable and you can probably just put a new set of brushes in and clean up the commutator and put it back together. If you wait until it stops running the comm bars will be burned and will have to be re-surfaced with a lathe.

The smart thing to do would be to pull the motor out and take it apart for inspection and a good cleaning. Order any necessary repair parts, take it to a rebuild shop, or replace with a new motor depending on what you find.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #5
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I will take your advice and fix the motor. He's tasking me with it since he's not very mechanical. This is my first time fixing an electrical motor so appreciate the help.

Tags
club car, motor, precedent, squeek
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car