lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #1
drstat
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Solenoid

Ok, This may sound stupid, however,
I have a 2003 EZGO TXT PDS. No Solenoid click. I have tested all voltages as mentioned here on forums, and ordered a solenoid to replace bad one.
Question:
The blue and yellow wire coming from the small terminals, does it matter where they go?
How do I know which small terminal is positive?

According to wiring diagram; blue is - and yellow is +, however in service manual, the photo shows just opposite of how mine is wired. blue on Right and yellow on left.

I have included a photo of how it looks prior to me removing anything. I do not want to damage the new Solenoid!

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1108.jpg (218.6 KB, 0 views)
drstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Solenoid

Yellow is positive power to the solenoid. Blue goes to the controller and grounds the solenoid to activate it. It doesn't matter which terminals on the solenoid they go to. Whatever fits your harness the most comfortably. The solenoid isn't polarity sensitive and will work equally well either way.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:35 AM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Solenoid not clicking doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. You can have a bad micro-switch in the pedal box beneath the floor mat, or a bad ITS giving an out of range reading will prevent the controller from activating the solenoid. Or a bad key switch or wiring.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There has to be battery pack voltage (at least 38.2V when fully charged) on all the wires highlighted in red on the attached PDS schematic.

Also attached is a drawing showing the solenoid activation voltage paths through the PDS controller and a picture with Pin-1 highlighted on the jacks.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:57 AM   #5
drstat
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I appreciate the fast help! I will test ITS today. I am looking over PDF documentation now. I did change Micro switch, it was dead.

Cart been running fine, plugged in to charge overnight, next morning went to use it and there was a electrical pop under seat. Batteries are bout 6 months old. I will use this information and trouble shoot more in depth.
Thanks!
Old 06-09-2021, 07:50 PM   #6
drstat
Not Yet Wild

Sooo... new solenoid did not work. I’ve checked all voltages, per sites recommendations and have come to
Conclusion it’s a bad controller. My question, if I put new controller and motor has short will it ruin controller? Is there a way to test motor? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #7
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Deleted what I had posted here. I backed up and read you had already done what I suggested. Sorry. sepex motor test ... Diagram shows testing with 3 six volt batteries, but if you have a 12 volt handy it will run the motor for test also. Don't try to test with all 36 .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor Test - Sepex.jpg (91.7 KB, 0 views)

Tags
ezgo, pds, solenoid, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO