lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #1
BigRed30
Not Yet Wild

Default New light switch. No power

I hope someone can help. I changed the light switch on my 2003 Yamaha gas powered golf cart and now I don’t have any power. The cart won’t ring when in reverse and it won’t turn when the gas pedal is pushed. The lights turn on though.

One thing that happened was one of the wires from the light switch touch metal, so I don’t know if it shorted something out.
BigRed30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New light switch. No power

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed30 View Post
I hope someone can help. I changed the light switch on my 2003 Yamaha gas powered golf cart and now I don’t have any power. The cart won’t ring when in reverse and it won’t turn when the gas pedal is pushed. The lights turn on though.

One thing that happened was one of the wires from the light switch touch metal, so I don’t know if it shorted something out.
I had a bullet connector that would come loose and kill the entire cart between the battery and the starter, not sure if it was original but it is a hard connection now. Also check any fuses you can see.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #3
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your G22 has a fuse located under the black cover that sits behind the battery. The cover is held on with a single 8mm bolt.

As MattH mentioned, there is a bullet connecter on the ground cable right at the battery terminal. There is a lighter gauge pigtail there with a bullet connecter that can easily come disconnected. The result is a car that is completely dead.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
BigRed30
Not Yet Wild

I found the blown fuse under that cover. Got it running thank you for the help.
BigRed30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light switch, power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha