lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #1
Tave26
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Bad Boy Buggy - Shutting Down

Hello, looking for help. Purchased a 2010 BBB and immediately replaced the batteries with good Trojan batteries. The unit runs well but when you stop and then hit the peddle again to move, most times it will not. I have to switch back and forth between forward and revers or turn the key off and then back on. Sometimes it will do the same when coasting down hill. Does this sound like a solenoid issue or a controller? I've spent a lot on this unit as it's cool but am at the end of the road financially - LOL. Any help would be great. Thank you
Tave26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2010 Bad Boy Buggy - Shutting Down

First thing to do (and cheapest), is to start at pack negative and clean every connection (and replace any bad looking wires) all the way back to pack positive. Actually take nuts off, clean everything with wire brush and reassemble. This gets you familiar with the cart as well as making sure you have good/clean connections. I see all the time people start replacing controllers, FNR switches, solonoids, etc ($$$) when it was a bad wire they didn't notice. You have a 12 year old cart that spends a lot of time outdoors, corrosion is everywhere. Be sure to disconnect battery before performing any work on your cart. Here's a good place to get cables cheap:
https://www.batterycablesusa.com/2-g...battery-cables
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #3
Tave26
Not Yet Wild

Bama, thanks for the response. I just replaced all the batteries and cleaned all terminals connecting to the batteries but I'll work my way through the others as well to make sure. Luckily, the unit isn't badly corroded and the terminals are pretty clean. Thanks for the help - BTW I'm from upstate NY but hunt near you in Sardis. Love the area. Thanks again
Tave26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I had the same problem with my ezgo, would not work sometimes (no ryhme or reason). Finally wouldn't go at all. I cleaned everything and when I put a wrench on all my connections, there was one connection to the controller that was "tight", but wrench tighten it only about a 1/8 turn....haven't had a problem since. I could have easily replaced my controller ($$$) and never known that was the problem. And yes, hunting is good down this way, good luck this season.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad boy buggy, bbb, controller, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO