lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
woodsrider823
Not Yet Wild

Default Putting a gas engine in electric cart

Hello I am in the process of looking for a golf cart to make a project out of. (lift, tires, etc.) I found an old electric club car for the right price that doesnt run. I want to throw a 15hp briggs & stratton in or something like that. I know its going to take custom work, and welding that is fine. My question is, will it be alot for difficult to do this conversion on an electric cart then if I found a non running gas cart? thanks in advance.
woodsrider823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Putting a gas engine in electric cart

YES. YES. YES,yes,yes!
Plus I hope you can find a second gas cart to donate a rear end and I hope you can weld that aluminum frame!

Hold out for a gas cart if that is the direction you want to go IMHO
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pass up the CC electric cart. Wait for a gas rebuild. You might take a look if any Yamahas come up as they can make for an easy hpower up grade (metal frame). Check the sponsors for the 18hp B & S pkgs.(there is also a 22 or 24hp as I recall) that come with clutches, etc., some with BGW discounts Throw in some different gears either for low end or high speed use and you are now headed wild.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
woodsrider823
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responces. So the yamahas are the best to modify? still go with a gas powered though? thanks also how are the ez-go for doing what i am trying to do. Thanks again
woodsrider823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I just pulled up an old conversion file. Also forgot to mention the BS conversion is "Vanguard series". There was a 16hp but supposed now out of production. Have the 18 and 21hp pkgs. You can go higher hp but doesn't appear to be pkged. If you see ads for the Vanguard at much lower prices check them out as they are probably vertical shaft rather than horizontal. Also WELCOME TO THE WILD> Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

E Z GO works well also. I do some refurbish as a retired hobby mostly with electric. Last year did some help for a friend on an older Yami 16HP upgrade that had a Rear end change to modify a little. I suggest Yamaha, and E Z GO also as they have metal frames. They are nice as you can weld, etc.on them. You will find if you are going to lift an older model it will be handy to modify rather than the Alum. CC frame.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car