lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

Default Ed760 - I have a 2009 rxv that is totally dead

I have a 2009 rxv that is totally dead. The batteries are fully charged. I swapped the charger receptacle wiring from a good cart because it would not charge as well. When I did all of a sudden I get the solenoid clack and rock test working and the cart will take a charge from the charger. I am hoping when I put a new brake on it it will run. My question is what could be wrong with the wires? I did grind the plastic back on the little black box on the b+ wire and resoldered the ring terminal on the exposed metal. I have done that before and got them to work for a while. Is there something I could do to this harness to get it going instead of buying another 100.00 harness?
Ed760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ed760

They are $67 bucks on amazon. Ebay might be cheaper
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I will check on that
Old 01-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You wrecked the thermal sensor in that black box. The grey wire actually has 2 wires inside, and they are not supposed to actually make electrical contact with the ring. If you wanted to cheat, you could put a 10k resistor on the two small wires to trick it, then don't put it on the battery terminal anymore.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
Ed760
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Cgtech. I might try that while I wait on a new one from eBay. I am anxious to see if it will run. I will swap brake off running cart to see if it will run before ordering a new brake

Tags
rxv whoas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO