lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
davidgonewild
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Whining Noise

This is my first time posting on any forum so please excuse any mishaps. I have a 2009 E-Z-GO RXV which has a very loud whining noise when accelerating or decelerating. I've read a number of threads on this matter but have found non that seems to narrow it down to the culprit, ie, electric brake, bearing, or gear set in differential. It's obviously coming from that area. I have two friends that have the same cart and their's do not make this noise. I intend to repair whatever it is that's causing this noise but obviously need some help in determing what it is that's causing this annoying sound. Thanks for any and all help in keeping me from pulling my hair out. Not much left!
davidgonewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Whining Noise

u can try the bearing encoder first if not that then it is either the motor it self or in the rear end
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Dadman
Not Yet Wild

I am looking to purchase a 2009 from my neighbour and it is making what sounds like the same noise. Were you able to determine the issue?

many thanks
Dadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What - no one wants to say anything about the whining coming from:
the driver, the passenger, the wife, the kid(s), the in-laws, the neighbors,
the landlord, the condo assoc., the....(fill in the blank)
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
davidgonewild
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rear end whining noise 2009 rxv

Hi! I purchased a 2009 RXV about a year ago and the rear end has always whined terribly. Two of my friends also have RXV's 2008 and 2010. The 2010 has no noise at all. The 2008 whines but just a little.

I've asked the EZ-GO dealers in my area about the whining noise inherent with the RXV's, with no success. EZ-GO as a company refuses to admit there was a problem although they seemed to have fixed it in 2010.

I love my cart and would like to keep it. Can anyone tell me what exactly is the cause of this whining noise and what needs replacing to eliminate it? Certainly someone out there knows the cause of this whine. BTW! I've already changed the fluid to 85-140 which is the fluid EZ-GO recommends now. Still no change.

Signed... Desperate!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear end whining noise 2009 rxv

I am no RXV expert, but you may try a thinner diff fluid. Some of the the experts will respond shortly.
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
davidgonewild
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've already changed the fluid to 85-140 Hypoid which is the fluid EZ-GO recommends now. Made no difference.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
davidgonewild
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've just noticed where to find my replies. I told you this was my first time on a forum. Anyway, To those of you that have responded, thank you!

I have still not found the cause of the whining noise and for the one responder that couldn't figure out were the whining noise was coming from, it is coming from the rear differential area of my golf cart, and maybe even a little bit from me now. (R! R!)

Still hoping someone has run into this problem and was able to find the culprit and solution for it.

I will check back frequently now that I know where to find the replies. Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do you have high speed gears? (i.e. Faster than 19 on stock wheels). The high speed gears are always noisier than oem gears, i dont know why, maybe tolerences not as good? Also, i think the notion that rxvs have an inherent axle whine problem is a myth. I think all the dana axles are just as likely to be noisey in this way. The motor does sound different than any dc motor, and the posi sometimes "clicks" during very light turning (easily fixed with different oil and a little extra friction modifier). Do take into account that there are no lash adjustments in these axles, however they are machined when built is how the gears will mesh for the life of the axle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Is it loud enough to record?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO