lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
kyle14x7
Not Yet Wild

Default Hard to Start

How can I make my 16hp Honda clone start easier? Now that my ignition doesnt work any more I have to use the pull starter. I've used honda and other name brand motors and they all start within 1 to 2 pulls, So why does it take me 18+ pulls to get my engine started. I did make a snorkle so I can have 100% choke, it only did so much good. When my electric start worked I would have to crank the motor at full throtal and bring it back to half also put my hand over the snorkle for it to star.
kyle14x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
kyle14x7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hard to Start

Now that I got my electric start working it makes it easier for me, but I cant get it started in the 50s and under without starting fluid. Even with the starting fluied it is still a very hard start. Any ideas on what I can do to make sure it will start in the winter? Does anyone have this problem with there big block, even name brands?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

I can't tell you what is wrong but I had been wondering about how they start. I have had a 13 and now a 16 and both of them I had to crank at full throttle and then bring it back to half. I wondered if mine was screwed up or not. I guess not. Sounds like a jetting problem?? Good Luck and keep us posted.
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
tbolt
Gone Wild

I have heard these clones have the choke labeled backwards.You might check and see if it is.
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

They do. Hey kyle did you put a different air cleaner set up on there? Is that what your saying? I hooked my 13 hp to the stock airbox setup on my cc and it was harder than hell to start. Now my 16hp I left the on airbox that came on it and I have no problems. It sucks to have to raise the seat every time I want to choke it but it starts. Maybe try putting back to original and see what happens.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
kyle14x7
Not Yet Wild

NO I left the OEM air box but put tubes into the air intake holes. It helped with the stating because u can have full choke and not have to leave the seat to start it. Still a hard start with out starting fluid. I know starting fluid is bad but cant imagen starting it in colder weather without it.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Man I hope you figure it out. I was riding mine today(35deg). I had to choke it but started right up. I'm just as lost as you are on this one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!