lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #11
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: DIY wiring for lighting

Doomsman, that was what I was going to post next. The relay will keep you from leaving the lights on and coming back to a dead battery.

You can actually pick up the relays pretty cheap. I picked up a handful a couple years ago when I was doing some wiring on a scooter I bought. I still have 2 or 3 around here I saved for future wiring projects.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2015, 12:53 AM   #12
sadtaco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: DIY wiring for lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
nO IT JUST TURNS ON THE POWER TO THE LIGHT SYSTEM.
Opps sorry for the caps.
i use the relay to prevent walking away with the lights on.
Ha no prob. So I tried that last night without any success; the best I could do was get the relay to cancel or kill the turn signals when I pressed the brake switch, or the tail lights. So I did more reading today and found a page on a hot-rod site website that explained in detail how to wire turn signals, stop/tail lights and brake switch together. Also explained how to wire lights that are integrated stop/taillight/turn with the brake switch and turn signal switch.

I took the advice on the page and bought a trailer wire converter that converts 4wires (cart) to 3 wires (lights, rear). I tested it out, and when I stepped on the brake, the turn signals worked and no power drained back to the front signal from the brake switch.

This weekend I'll wire everything professionally using a marine blade fuse box and bus-bar to distribute the + lead from the battery. I'm going to use a 12 gauge wire from the battery to the bus bar and use 18 gauge wire for the lights since the stock harness used that smaller gauge. I'll post photos when done.
sadtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #13
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sadtaco, good to know that you have it figured out.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #14
sadtaco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I do think i want to run it off the key though so the battery does not drain down. But then again, this is my dad's cart and Washington State does not allow driving carts on established roads. I wonder if it is possible to have it reclassified as a motor vehicle. 50CC scooters are legal...
sadtaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, lights wiring, signals, yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha