lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
Steve&Robyn
Not Yet Wild

Default Broke?

I have a 97 gas car and it will not go into reverse. I have tried to move the cable by hand and it won’t budge. Once before I had this problem but I could move it by hand using the cable the shifter is attached to and also the one that goes into the transmission. What else can I try before taking it in for repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve&Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Broke?

Lift the rear wheels off the ground and try shifting it by hand then. That would take all stress off the gears and differential that could be binding it up.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Steve&Robyn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Lift the rear wheels off the ground and try shifting it by hand then. That would take all stress off the gears and differential that could be binding it up.

Ok will try in the morning! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve&Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
sontours
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just finished repairing mine which was stuck in reverse. No matter where the rear lever was, it was in reverse. I ended up removing the rear end from the cart and standing it on end. I removed the right axle shaft tube and all then the side cover and found that the synchro was stuck. With a little finesse i was able to free it up and now I have forward and reverse.
I hope yours is much easier.
Phil
sontours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontours View Post
I just finished repairing mine which was stuck in reverse. No matter where the rear lever was, it was in reverse. I ended up removing the rear end from the cart and standing it on end. I removed the right axle shaft tube and all then the side cover and found that the synchro was stuck. With a little finesse i was able to free it up and now I have forward and reverse.
I hope yours is much easier.
Phil

In the future you need to take it apart.

leave it in whatever gear it is stuck in and rock the **** out of it back and forth. I have a 100 percent success rate doing it that way.

To the original OP, try that too
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car