lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
Jeopardy98
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club Car DS gas 290 only goes 10mph after carb cleaning

Hello all. I inherited a 93 club car ds from my dad and my daughter uses it to drive around the neighborhood. My dad told me he unhooked the governor before he gave it to me and it used to run about 18mph. The carb got gunked up from sitting so I bought a new carb, replaced the spark plug, air filter, and fuel filter and now it goes only 9-10mph. The butterfly is opening fully and there seems to be no exhaust restrictions or I take restrictions.

I read the stickies about speed sensors but it appears those are for newer carts. I also read the thread about speeding it up but the picture is gone. Besides if it was faster before it should still be faster it seems.

If anyone can point me towards something to test I'm all ears and don't worry I always return and post my resolution because it drives me bonkers when people don't. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.
Jeopardy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
Jeopardy98
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car DS gas 290 only goes 10mph after carb cleaning

Pardon my double post but while I've been out fiddling I discovered that the pedal is not pulling the carb all the way open. There is the slightest bit of play in the cable. When pulled manually while riding the cart runs up to 19. Anyone know how I take up the slack from the carb to the arm in the back? It almost seems like I need a stronger spring.
Jeopardy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car DS gas 290 only goes 10mph after carb cleaning

Put a zip tie on the governor spring in the back to keep it from expanding as much. That will get you some extra speed.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car