lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default OEM Coil Part # Confirmation for FE290

I think (hope) I have finally found the problem with this FE290 engine. I got the compression issue resolved (new rings) still will not run. Plug fires good blue spark for several cycles and then stops.

I have read that this is a symptom of aftermarket coils like mine. Ironically, I bought FOUR of these and the first three worked flawless on other carts. I put the last one on this cart and had this issue. Ordered and installed another one and get the SAME issue and same spark duration.

However, I disconnected the rev limiter, so I do not see how it could be anything else. Still, I am a bit concerned that both coils spark for the same duration before stopping. Flywheel magnet?

Anyway, the OEM part number I saw posted is 21171-2207. However, when I look online, it does not list the FE290 as one of the compatible engines. Before I order, I want to be 100% sure that is the correct part number for a FE290. Also, does anyone know a good source with good price for this part?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: OEM Coil Part # Confirmation for FE290

Just go to your local dealer, they probably have one in stock. They're between 100-125 bucks. Both online and local so when I needed mine I just bought it locally. It was the same price as on ebay/amazon and I had it that day, and knew for certain it was the right part.

Always a good thing to buy from your local dealers too. :)
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

To totally rule out everything else disconnect the black wire on the coil.
That’s the ignition kill wire and if there’s an issue on the cart it will run with that wire disconnected. You’ll have to ground that wire to the block to kill the engine if it does start and run. It will not shut off on its own (at least not easily).

If you still get the same symptom the coil is likely faulty.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
To totally rule out everything else disconnect the black wire on the coil.
That’s the ignition kill wire and if there’s an issue on the cart it will run with that wire disconnected. You’ll have to ground that wire to the block to kill the engine if it does start and run. It will not shut off on its own (at least not easily).

If you still get the same symptom the coil is likely faulty.
Been there, done that, with BOTH new coils, LOL. Now I Just want to be sure I get the correct OEM part
Old 01-14-2019, 12:07 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Just go to your local dealer, they probably have one in stock. They're between 100-125 bucks. Both online and local so when I needed mine I just bought it locally. It was the same price as on ebay/amazon and I had it that day, and knew for certain it was the right part.

Always a good thing to buy from your local dealers too. :)
Unfortunately, my local dealer does not have in stock in any one of its FOUR locations and is quoting me 5-7 days. Even worse, if I understand correctly, this dealer has exclusive rights to, and is the only authorized dealer in, my state.

So, I pretty much have to order online, just want to be sure I am ordering correct part number for the OEM one, don't want to risk another aftermarket.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That's a bummer.

From what i'm seeing searching, this may be the right Kawasaki part number 21171-2207

Might be worth calling some other ATV/UTV shops. It appears that may be the same coil for all FE290/FE350/FE400 motors, from the descriptions I have been seeing.

Someone with a parts catalog may be able to verify/cross reference to make sure I'm right... Amazon has that part number prime for $97 shipped. Worst case, if it doesn't fit, Amazon will return anything.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Call David at Revolution Golf Cars. I'm willing to bet he has several in stock and can ship it out quickly.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #8
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Club Car part #101909201 , Coil, Ignition (with internal igniter)
Kawasaki # 21171-2207
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Call David at Revolution Golf Cars. I'm willing to bet he has several in stock and can ship it out quickly.
Got a whole box of em.

And yes, 101909201 is the correct number.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car