lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Swampers on a golf cart?

Anyone ever run super swampers on a golf cart? curious how they would ride... I've had vampires on several 4wheelers and they actually rode a lot smoother than you'd expect for such an aggressive tire. Wondering how they would do on a golf cart, can pick up 22x9-10 TSL/ATV for dirt cheap, was thinking about putting them on my carryall because they would look cool just not sure if they would be too aggressive. at 18lbs each, they don't seem to be any heavier than any other golf cart tire is.

https://www.intercotire.com/tire/172
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Swampers on a golf cart?

Way cool! Should bite like #ell. Might vibrate on pavement after they wear a little, but if you don't fun the roads much with it, who cares? I would put them on the rear only as they are not much of a steering tire on 2wd, and put something more steering oriented on the front. Keep us posted!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

With that price ($30 each) it's very tempting. I rarely ever drive on pavement, and if I do it's very short distances. But i'd like all 4 tires to match. I've had similar tires on ATV's and they always steered fine. Wouldn't imagine a golf cart would be much different, especially since I'm always either on grass or dirt roads. I'm just hesitant because I know what they do to grass too...

It would look pretty sweet though :)
Old 01-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your 4 wheeler has an pretty even weight bias front to rear. Our carts don't. Our carts don't have 4wd like on a 4 wheeler making the front wheels "pull" the machine in the direction the front tires are pointed when on loose/slippery conditions. That is why 2wd tractors always have straight ribbed tires on the front. But, if you rarely encounter wet slimy "terra firma" the benefit is probably less. They shouldn't hurt the grass as much as your quad as carts have a differential and don't spin the inside rear tire hwhen turning.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

True. I've had IRS 4wheelers and they still tear the grass up some but not as much as a straight axle for sure. I have gotten my yamaha G9 stuck on my street before (not kidding unfortunately) but mostly I think they would just look cool. Most of my cart use goes to hauling stuff around the garm, taking out the trash, or getting the mail. Occasionally we will take them for a ride down the dirt roads with the kids but usually just running around here doing errand type stuff. I'll be sure to update if I decide to.order them and give it a shot :)
Old 01-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Straight axle or IRS is not so much the issue with grass injury, but the lack of a differential to allow the wheels to turn at different speeds in a turn. Since you are only after them for looks, it matters little using them on all 4 corners.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car