lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutches working, cart will not move

Hi Guys, I am back with an update on this. When the cart comes under power, the cluthes work, the large ring gear powered by the pinion shaft that the driven clutch is on spins but the torque or power is not transfered to the spider gears. I have been trying to figure out what id going on. Any idea's from this point?

Jim

Last edited by royaldude; 08-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: clarification of explanation
royaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2011, 01:49 AM   #12
racin161
Gone Wild

At this point I would take the rear cover off remove the belt and move the driven clutch looking in the rear end it may be sheared bolts are bad gears.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #13
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Racin, I took the cover off, when I drained the oil, there was no filings or teeth and everything looks good to go. When I spin the driven clutch, all the gears work, I put the belt back on all started the cart to see if everything would go. Everything turned but I could put my hand on the tire and stop it from turning while stepping on the gas. I also attempted to stop the mail ring gear while it was spinning and this wasn't happening, it just kept on moving. I tried to get the axle off but it appears to be stuck. I was thinking maybee the spines on the axle are done? Could this be the issue? It seems wierd that they would both go at the same time. Is there another part of the drive train I should be looking at? Ther was no oil leakage in the axle so the oil seal is good and there is no grinding coming from the axle so I think the wheel bearings are good.

Jim

Last edited by royaldude; 08-28-2011 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 08-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
rib33024

Did you ever pull the brake hub, and see if it was striped, this is common for ezgo
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did remove the hub and I don't think this is the issue. They are a bit worn down but I put the cart under power and could stop the axle by hand.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #16
rib33024

We need some pics of the axle end/splines, and the in side of the brake drums

Did you check and make sure it is going in to gear at the shiftier on the rear end, and can you stop both axles at the same time??, if you can. Your going to have to pull the axle's, would be the next step
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldude View Post
I did remove the hub and I don't think this is the issue. They are a bit worn down but I put the cart under power and could stop the axle by hand.
If you have the cart in the air try to see if you can stop both axles when it is running. With the rear differential, you probably could stop one side. I'm thinking hubs..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I didn't try to stop both at the same time. Its hard to work the pedal and reach both tires :). I will get a helper and see what is going on with both tires at the same time and I will get some pic's of the hub and axle splines.

Thanks guys
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
roebro
Not Yet Wild

What was the outcome of your efforts? I have the same cart with similar problems. I think it is the driven clutch because I replaced the transmission/differential with one from another cart and the engine still runs, but the cart barely moves in forward and a little faster in reverse. hope it is something simple.
roebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
royaldude
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi, for me it was the passenger side hub was stripped. This allowed the dif on that side to move without the power going to the tires.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO