lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
yusk23
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: back up buzzer

Yea i unhooked mine and i love it
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
rib33024

OK graysonk95, all that stuff you posted was uncalled for, now i'am going to tell you why, if you look at steverw1's first post, he does NOT say he only wants to disconnect the buzzer to work on the cart. Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverw1 View Post
anyone know how to disconnect a back up buzzer on a 1989 ezgo cart. mine stays on in both forward and reverse. thanks

now in graysonk95's post you say,

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonk95 View Post
Just locate the buzzer and unhook it.
On newer carts the buzzer is easily accessible and usually unplugs easily.
Make sure when you disconnect it the wires are in a place where they won't make contact with anything.

I have no experience with your particular cart, but on most there is a microswitch that activates the buzzer when you shift, check to see if it is working properly.

Now, thousands of people will read this for years, That's why a warning was attached to your post, to warn people. Now there was nothing wrong with your post other than it can get people hurt, any post that could harm anyone that should choose to try this, they have been warned that's all, any post made here at BGW that can get some one hurt will have this warning attached to it.

Now graysonk95, you need to get your ducks in a row before you start posting, and rambling on, because you did not know that he wanted to unhook the buzzer to work on it when you posted how to unhook the buzzer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverw1

Hi. Just want disconnect it while i work on it. Then hook it back up.

Quote:
That's all the guy wanted.
I'm sure anyone with half a brain is aware that disabling safety features for any amount of time is not a very smart thing to do.
If I had told him jumping off a bridge would fix the buzzer he doesn't have to listen. Its simply advice. Good or bad all he wanted to know was how to disconnect the buzzer, for all we know he could have been trying to install a new one once he found the issue.
I appreciate people looking out for one another, but I take it personally when people act like I'm telling him to directly hurt someone.
For the record, all of the carts I own are equipped with either multiple buzzers, rear and side view mirrors, or both. Safety is a priority as I am often operating my carts around young children who would still jump behind a cart WITH a buzzer. From my limited experience with EZGO, their buzzers are REALLY loud and annoying and I could see why he wouldn't want it blaring in both forward and reverse while he is trying to fix it.

I apologize in advance for my tone, today has been rather crappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverw1 View Post
Thanks for reply. I totally agree with you. They should find out my reason first for doing this and not jump all over you. All i wanted was to disconnect it while working on it.

steverw1, can you show me where, some one jumped all over graysonk95, and as said before, you did not state that you wanted to disconnect the buzzer to work on the cart and then hook it back up when you were done,. and graysonk95, i'll accept your apology for that last post. Now steverw1 did you get your cart fixed ?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
steverw1
Not Yet Wild

First of all my apology for not making it clear on what i was doing with regards to the buzzer. I in no way would do anything that may cause harm to anyone. Next time i ask i will clarify exactly what i intend to do. This is on me for not explaining fully and for that Sorry.

Now, yes i did get it fixed finally. Thanks to all for the help.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
graysonk95
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024
OK graysonk95, all that stuff you posted was uncalled for, now i'am going to tell you why
Please, do enlighten me.
Quote:
if you look at steverw1's first post, he does NOT say he only wants to disconnect the buzzer to work on the cart. Right
Correct, however he doesn't specify he wants to permanently disable it either.
You know what they say about when you assume, and I believe it has been proven right here.

Quote:
now in graysonk95's post you say...
You seem to be missing the part where I say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonk95
... on most there is a microswitch that activates the buzzer when you shift, check to see if it is working properly.
IMO, telling him how to disconnect the buzzer followed by how I believe it can be fixed is completely responsible. When I read the original post I truly had no clue what steverw1 wanted to do with his buzzer. When I came up with my reply, I kept in mind disabling the buzzer could be unsafe, so I told him how he could possibly fix it rather than just leaving it disconnected (which is all he asked for).

Quote:
Now, thousands of people will read this for years, That's why a warning was attached to your post, to warn people. Now there was nothing wrong with your post other than it can get people hurt, any post that could harm anyone that should choose to try this, they have been warned that's all, any post made here at BGW that can get some one hurt will have this warning attached to it.
I agree (well maybe not about the 1000's of years part), however a simple "Leaving the buzzer unhooked could be unsafe, I recommend repairing it instead." would have been completely acceptable.

Quote:
Now graysonk95, you need to get your ducks in a row before you start posting, and rambling on, because you did not know that he wanted to unhook the buzzer to work on it when you posted how to unhook the buzzer,
I believe my ducks are in a row today. But again, you seem to be missing the part where I tell him about the microswitch. I didn't simply post "how to unhook the buzzer". Again, we both made an assumption- a wrong assumption in one another's opinion.

I thank you for accepting my apology. I was not mad at you in particular. I was just having a crappy day and I got on here and saw my post being called irresponsible and having a disclaimer posted in red font. I felt I really needed to vent, and defending my post helped me to calm down.
I'm not the kind of guy to blow up like that. Any other day I would have just let it go.
I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Please, do enlighten me.

Correct, however he doesn't specify he wants to permanently disable it either.
You know what they say about when you assume, and I believe it has been proven right here.

You seem to be missing the part where I say:
IMO, telling him how to disconnect the buzzer followed by how I believe it can be fixed is completely responsible. When I read the original post I truly had no clue what steverw1 wanted to do with his buzzer. When I came up with my reply, I kept in mind disabling the buzzer could be unsafe, so I told him how he could possibly fix it rather than just leaving it disconnected (which is all he asked for).

I agree (well maybe not about the 1000's of years part), however a simple "Leaving the buzzer unhooked could be unsafe, I recommend repairing it instead." would have been completely acceptable.

I believe my ducks are in a row today. But again, you seem to be missing the part where I tell him about the microswitch. I didn't simply post "how to unhook the buzzer". Again, we both made an assumption- a wrong assumption in one another's opinion.

I thank you for accepting my apology. I was not mad at you in particular. I was just having a crappy day and I got on here and saw my post being called irresponsible and having a disclaimer posted in red font. I felt I really needed to vent, and defending my post helped me to calm down.
I'm not the kind of guy to blow up like that. Any other day I would have just let it go.
I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused.
Since we want to disect this thread, please point out where your post was being called irresponsible?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
graysonk95
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Since we want to disect this thread, please point out where your post was being called irresponsible?
It was assumed my post was telling him to just unhook the buzzer.
Right after my reply you said unhooking the buzzer was IRRESPONSIBLE.
Depending on how you read my post:
If you thought I only told him to unhook the buzzer (because I didn't make it clear that unhooking the buzzer may have ill effects), it could be inferred my post was being called irresponsible.
If you read my post and saw I included something about checking the microswitch, it could be inferred you were simply warning against disconnecting the buzzer and adding additional info about the microswitch.

Since one person already assumed I was only telling him how to unhook the buzzer, it could easily be taken either way- calling my post or calling disconnecting the buzzer irresponsible.
Last night I was grumpy and very clearly looked at it from viewpoint 1.
I dont see any point in continuing this argument. I apologized for blowing up initially and said buzzer has been fixed, we may all move on with our lives.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Grey, I see you are new to posting, We all have a duty to help protect the site and thats all ESS was trying to do. I hope you understand and thank you ess for stepping in and making it clear. Grey I hope your night get's better. and please keep posting there's always someone needing all of our help.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #18
graysonk95
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you for understanding Doc.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #19
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you for understanding Doc.
Your Welcome and look forward to seeing you around.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #20
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
It was assumed my post was telling him to just unhook the buzzer.
Right after my reply you said unhooking the buzzer was IRRESPONSIBLE.
Depending on how you read my post:
If you thought I only told him to unhook the buzzer (because I didn't make it clear that unhooking the buzzer may have ill effects), it could be inferred my post was being called irresponsible.
If you read my post and saw I included something about checking the microswitch, it could be inferred you were simply warning against disconnecting the buzzer and adding additional info about the microswitch.

Since one person already assumed I was only telling him how to unhook the buzzer, it could easily be taken either way- calling my post or calling disconnecting the buzzer irresponsible.
Last night I was grumpy and very clearly looked at it from viewpoint 1.
I dont see any point in continuing this argument. I apologized for blowing up initially and said buzzer has been fixed, we may all move on with our lives.
Thanks for understanding the question. And of course we all have bad days. I appreciate the explanation and understanding and proper use of the word "inferred". I assure you, the comment was simply about the the act of disconnecting the buzzer.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO