lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
linkeml
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Where can I find a 1998 EZGO TXT engine

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and this has been an awesome place to research information. I have a 1998 EZGO TXT with a bad engine. Can someone give me some insight as to what is the best place to get an engine replacement is? Not looking at going crazy with this, just a like engine replacement or maybe even a couple of HP more. It has an EH29C 295cc engine in it currently. Thanks
linkeml is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where can I find a 1998 EZGO TXT engine

what kind of trouble are you having with old engine? It may be a simple valve adjustment or something simple.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

Welcome to BGW If in fact your needing an engine I would look around in the BIG BLOCK forums and ask some questions. Seems the briggs vanguard engines are popular and many use 18-23 hp engines. That isn't cheap but you'll have about the same $$$ involved as replacing your engine which always seems to have problems.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
linkeml
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Do they have any big block kits that will go in with everything I need? This cart is not lifted and I thought you had to lift it to get a big block in there.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
linkeml
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The current engine is just messed up on the top end where the valves seat, however, I can not guarantee that the block is good for a rebuild. I kind of hate to send it end not knowing and I am not sure if I am talented enough to do the work on my own. I had a small engine place check out the engine and they did a tear down on it and then told me the engine was not good. They said they could just put it back together and charge me the labor price to do that but it would still not run. Unfortunately they left it in pieces for me. I hate to put alot of money in an old cart, however, it was my mom's and I kind of hate to let it go since she passed away. I know that sounds odd, but she loved to drive it around. Just trying to breath life back into it.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Link there is engine cradles pre fabed and all as I said go to the BIG BLOCK forums and ask questions. There's a lot of knowledge over there. Simply go to the home page then scroll down to BIG BLOCK click on it and read K. Not trying to get rid of you but these guys are good.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey link, Where you at in Kansas? I was also told my 96 295cc was shot by three different shops and I didn't know crap about rebuilding one but I looked at it as it too was my Mom's and i had the same feelings so I didn't have much to loose if I couldn't fix it. So I tore into it and found that 1 valve was slightly bent and I replaced the intake valves and did the work myself with help from these guys on here and after about $50.00 I got her running like the Queen she use to be. Granted it isn't the fastest on the block but hey neither was my Mom! If your around KC or Leavenworth I'd be happy to come help you out.

Doc
Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
linkeml
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Doc,
The more I read out here the more I want to take it on myself. The wealth of knowledge out her is probably the best I have seen on any forum and I work on computers for a living. Live up near Hutchinson, KS about 3.5 to 4 hours away from there. I think my new project will be to start tearing this down. Hey, what can it hurt right. I do not mind dropping some money into it, the big block kits are kind of scarry. Not sure I want a full blown racer either as I have some teenage kids driving this thing around. :-)
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkeml View Post
Hey Doc,
The more I read out here the more I want to take it on myself. The wealth of knowledge out her is probably the best I have seen on any forum and I work on computers for a living. Live up near Hutchinson, KS about 3.5 to 4 hours away from there. I think my new project will be to start tearing this down. Hey, what can it hurt right. I do not mind dropping some money into it, the big block kits are kind of scarry. Not sure I want a full blown racer either as I have some teenage kids driving this thing around. :-)
That's the way to think and your Mom will be proud!!! Is your motor out and apart? if so just check the cylinder walls and if they are ok drop a set of new ring's in if the pistons look good reuse them and just get two intake valves (they ran me $13.95 just yesterday) replace the 4 valve springs and you will be up and going in a week.

Tags
1998 ezgo txt, robin eh29c
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO