lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
bbyford
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '90 EzGo won't run anymore

I recently bought a used 1990 EzGo GXT 800. It ran okay when i bought (not perfect). Sometimes when i had the gas pedal all the way down it felt like it would lose some power and if i pulled off the gas a little bit it would start running fine. It seemed to run best when the pedal was half way down. Anyways, I tried to take it for a ride the other day and it sounded like it always did when i would start it except that it doesn't seem to "engage" and it won't move. It just kind of sputters. I've done some research online and can't seem to figure it out. Battery seems fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
bbyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '90 EzGo won't run anymore

Welcome to BGW.....make sure the carb is getting fuel (lift the rear tires off the ground in case the **** thing decides to start), take the fuel line off at the carb and and push the gas pedal and make sure fuel is coming out of the line) you could have a plugged filter, collapsed line, bad pump etc. My 1990 had a problem with the needle in the carb sticking shut and not allowing fuel into the carb (good cleaning took care of that). Verify fuel and spark and let us know what you find.
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
bbyford
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will give that a try and let you know if it works. Appreciate the insight and quick response.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
bbyford
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Checked for fuel and spark. Both were good. When i was looking at the carb I noticed there was a loose screw which I slightly tightened. After that I had to very lightly push on the gas pedal and i could hear that it wanted to go, so i kept feathering the pedal and it took off and has been working fine. I know very little about how engines work so I'm not sure if that screw was causing the problem or if it was dumb luck but it worked after that. Could that have been it and if so what would that screw have been?

I had also mentioned in my original post that when the gas pedal is more than half way down it seems to lose power or slow down. It runs fine for a few seconds and then just feels like it almost goes into neutral. Any ideas?

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO