lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
low budget
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Noob question motor ID help

Hi all

New here and to carts (should I be calling it a buggy?) in general. I'm a mechanical type guy have quads, sled, jeeps etc. Traded a quad for a 98 Workhorse with what I was told is a 350 in it. I was wondering who makes this motor and what the model # is? It sure looks like a snow mobile motor and Im wondering if parts might be easier to find that way. The guy before me LOVED this thing and it shows. It has lots of bottom end but not very peppy and seems like it has a speed limiter or something. Looks like there is some sort of speed limiter on the rear gear housing. Thinking that is coming off first. It has an FMF pipe but it's pretty loud so I might be looking for a quieter solution. I have seen a lot of MPT and non MPT and 2pg and 3pg. NOt sure what any of those mean so any help would be greatly appreciated. HOpefully you can see my rig on my Av.

Model:
WORKHORSE
Serial:
A59274
MANU CODE:
L598

Thanks in advance
LB
low budget is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
low budget
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Noob question motor ID help

Well I answered my own question........ Im not very patient. I have a Robins 350 CC. Now Im just wondering is this Robins as in Subaru? The new ones from EZGO are listed as Fuji-Robins.

Tightened the limiter/ governor nut and bounced her off the Rev limiter. Got it up to 23 mph by gps.

Anybody got any other tips? Air box looks awful restrictive thinking a K&N type and outer wear might be in order? How about jetting the carb? What kind of jets does this thing take? It already has an FMF pipe on it. Its a bit loud so I might end up throwing one of these stock quad exhausts on there
low budget is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO