lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: New guy with some old questions

Group 24 battery fits nice. Be sure to clean all the grounds. Frame to battery/battery to engine real important

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Dust
Not Yet Wild

Went with a Grp-34 Battery which is just a bit smaller then the 24.
It fits except for the air intake both the filter housing and the intake duct have to be moved, no big thing after I removed the oil tank and the injection pump which uncovered a bunch of bad wiring.
The governor is the next thing to disappear after I get the wiring done today.

I knew that someone had installed Coilovers in the rear. Digging deeper into this thing I find that they are two completely different units and that one appears to be bent. So a source for inexpensive Coil Overs is now on the list of to-finds.

Dust
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
So a source for inexpensive Coil Overs is now on the list of to-finds.

Dust
Old motorcycle shocks?
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
Dust
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliarc View Post
Old motorcycle shocks?
Yes, I thought about that. I'll see if these have any ID on them eventually.
I'm guessing that there must be something more cart orientated (weight) that can be sourced... from China most likely.

Dust
Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #15
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Actually, I think I'd stay away from China for something structural like that.Additionally.I priced some wheel bearings from Autozone.They were $60 give or take.Real German bearings were $27 from a different supplier.Just shows that China isn't always the cheapest.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
Dust
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Actually, I think I'd stay away from China for something structural like that.Additionally.I priced some wheel bearings from Autozone.They were $60 give or take.Real German bearings were $27 from a different supplier.Just shows that China isn't always the cheapest.
My china reference is simply because everything appears to be made there anymore... and I generally do not by made in china
Old 07-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Yea I understand ya there.You really have to look if you want something non China but it's worth it.Anyhow, it's just one of the shocks that's bent, I'd think the springs might still be good.You might find two monoshocks from a CR500.Those are made for a good beating and maybe you can adapt the current springs.I'm just chewing the fat here.I love doing Frankenstein stuff.I suppose it depends how far you want to go with it.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
Dust
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yea I understand ya there.You really have to look if you want something non China but it's worth it.Anyhow, it's just one of the shocks that's bent, I'd think the springs might still be good.You might find two monoshocks from a CR500.Those are made for a good beating and maybe you can adapt the current springs.I'm just chewing the fat here.I love doing Frankenstein stuff.I suppose it depends how far you want to go with it.
Fortunately it isn't mine so I'll be how far to go.
When I get this done I can get back to my projects, which are a little bigger

Dust
Old 07-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
If the JB-Weld was behind the Reeds in the port,it was probably an attempt to raise the port that wasn't done properly.2.5-3psi is good for the pump,The tire size you have is about the max(22") for the 2PG 2-stroke.It will give you more speed,but any taller will kill power.The easiest power-gain on an early 2-stroke Marathon is to shim the Primary(Engine-Clutch).Remove the cover,add a 1-1/8" U-Bolt Washer(availiable at any Spring-Shop)They are 3/16" thick,and will give a huge amount of low-end power gain with no other mods.If the front-lites are original,you can buy replacements,otherwise look up lites thru Truck-Lite,Petersen,or Grote(either online or thru a dealer)There are tons of lites availiable that you can make work.Heavy-Truck suppliers can get you anything you want for lighting.Good-Luck,Enjoy!!!
Hey Pachanga, Does the washer go in back or front of the spring can you explain how it works?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I put the washer against the spider instead of against the cover,but no real difference either way.By shimming the spring,you increase the tension.I did mine when I built the cart,3yrs.later I put a replacement-clutch on(It was rattling bad)I forgot about the shim,I have 22"-tires,it was a slug.I remembered the shim,put it in,and it took off like a shot!Its' impressive,how much that 3/16" can change it.I tried 2-shims last year,no real improvement,and it causes coil-bind in the spring.As far as shocks,Use Monroe 32207 for 5" lift.They bolt-on.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO