lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ignition Coil Wire

Hey all. I am new to the forum, and also new to the world of carts. I was recently given a 1981 Marathon, or Medalist (not sure which one, or what they were producing in 81). This thing has been sitting for several years. I am trying to go through the whole thing to first figure out how everything works, and then comb through each part, electrical and mechanical to find out what I need to replace or refurbish. Here is my first question, and obvious problem that I need to address. My spark plug wire is dangling under the cart. It looks as though I can just plug it back into the coil (after cleaning everything really good). Is this correct, or am I missing something?
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ignition Coil Wire

Ur right
Waynedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have a marathon. The coil wire actually screws into the coil. The best thing to do is if you have a long enough wire cut the end off flush and screw it back into the coil. You might have to take it off of the plug so it doesnt get twisted. Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the speedy replies! Another dumb question.... As for the "screw-in" process, the end of the wire that goes into the coil doesn't have any threads, so I am assuming that I would simply insert the wire into the coil, apply pressure while twisting?
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodrummer View Post
Thanks for the speedy replies! Another dumb question.... As for the "screw-in" process, the end of the wire that goes into the coil doesn't have any threads, so I am assuming that I would simply insert the wire into the coil, apply pressure while twisting?
Get a small mirror and look into the coil's tower to make sure no broken off pieces of the wire are stuck in there and you'll see what looks like the threads of a screw. Just screw your wire clockwise onto the threaded pin until you feel some resistance to turning. Slide the boot back over the tower and you're done!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep just try to get it in as straight as possible.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good point simple man. On my cart i didnt look in the coil. I guess i got lucky.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO