lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Does it work

Ive read on here if u get a inch shorter belt u get more power..I want to kno if this is true b for I go buy a 40$ belt..if so does any one has a part number I have 2005 gas ezgo st
Waynedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
DonoBBD
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Does it work

With a CVT system there is allot of things that can change when you change the belt size. Best thing to do is to check how much room you have at rest between the sheave and your belt in your primary at rest. Going wider and a touch longer most of the time is better. Too short and the inner part of the belt will run on the sheave guide and create friction at rest making your cart hard to turn over and extra heat added to the crank shaft.

What dos suck is the lack of adjustment in the secondary for how tight the belt is or adjust correct deflection.

Cheers Don.
DonoBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it is an ezgo,split the driven clutch, remove the shim and mill it down to a 1/16 thick. This make the belt ride a 1/16 to an 1/8 above the outer edge. This gives good low end and doesn't affect the top end. I personally prefer this over the stresses of the shorter belt, and it's free. Your choice.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvkersh View Post
If it is an ezgo,split the driven clutch, remove the shim and mill it down to a 1/16 thick. This make the belt ride a 1/16 to an 1/8 above the outer edge. This gives good low end and doesn't affect the top end. I personally prefer this over the stresses of the shorter belt, and it's free. Your choice.
This is a great idea- thanks for sharing
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is it hard to pill apart.. Is it like the rear that a pain in the *** for the other spring lol
Old 09-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pull
Old 09-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
DonoBBD
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynedizzle View Post
Is it hard to pill apart.. Is it like the rear that a pain in the *** for the other spring lol

It can be. I pulled mine apart and had to turn out a threaded allen key that held the end on. I have a crap load of arctic cat shims and just used them to tighten up the belt the best I could.

I agree this is the best way to fix deflection. You want the belt to bend in the middle about 1" when pressing down on it when at rest. More than 1" that is all wasted low end.

Tell you what I will pull mine apart again and take a bunch of pictures. I am rebuilding my primary anyways and waiting on pin stock.

Cheers Don.
DonoBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That wouLd be really helpful man thanks..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO