lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #41
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio shuts off when volume loud & gas pressed

pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #42
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfswithbeer View Post
Just an update... went to AZ last night and got a good duralast battery with 600 CCA. Put it in before golf league and everything seems to be good. Played 9 holes after league around 8:00 pm and had the course to myself so I blared all 4 speakers and didn't seem to have any starting issues. Bad battery. Thanks for all the help.
All the way to Arizona from Illinois just for a battery????

93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #43
Golfswithbeer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
All the way to Arizona from Illinois just for a battery????

Well to be quite honest, I figured I'd get a battery with minimal rust so that's why I chose AZ. Plus I like tacos!
Golfswithbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #44
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, cant get any good taco in Ill!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #45
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Taco bell doesnt count either
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #46
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most all auto sound stuff cuts out at 10V. If you see 10v you don't have enough battery or you ran it dead, or your load is too big for it. My new battery was a marine/rv I think its 650 or something and has the bolts to wire things on and posts. I would not put anything smaller in there in particular if you have accessories. I ran my cart on a jumper pack for the last half of the summer when my battery died because I didn't want a new battery to sit there all winter....and bought one in the spring. You can do it, but don't expect much. If you plan to keep the cart put a full size battery in they don't cost much for the size as car batteries are so popular. I get the universal size or the boat/rv one it was $8 more at the time. I have modded lawnmowers to fit car batteries the little ones suck.

You should be able to run a head unit on a car battery for hours no problem, and it takes much less to start a cart than a car.

I have a pair of 15s and 1Kw rms from 2 amps in one of my cars and can play it somewhat loud for say 2 hours on the little battery in that, though they are both class D amps that are more efficient. It has a 5ga wire to the trunk with a 100a fuse. Have put a lot of different amps in that car though.

A cap can help with musical transitions, it can help make your alternator and other electrical things in your car live longer, but its not a power source. For power if you are right on the edge of not enough power they can work for you. If you play music with long bass notes it will not, they are only good for a bass drum hit/etc. I have one for my car not bothered to install it but should, on the other hand I don't often max out the bass anyway its not just a noise maker lol. I would mostly be interested in being nicer to my alternator. See most things in your car have caps in them to smooth the incoming power, if you add one on your amps you are helping all those other ones and your VR. Its just the marketing people that all lied to you saying they would provide power lol. Caps run the flash on a camera, and that is exactly the type of power they deliver....a tiny bit but really fast.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #47
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
A cap can help with musical transitions, it can help make your alternator and other electrical things in your car live longer, but its not a power source. For power if you are right on the edge of not enough power they can work for you. If you play music with long bass notes it will not, they are only good for a bass drum hit/etc. I have one for my car not bothered to install it but should, on the other hand I don't often max out the bass anyway its not just a noise maker lol. I would mostly be interested in being nicer to my alternator. See most things in your car have caps in them to smooth the incoming power, if you add one on your amps you are helping all those other ones and your VR. Its just the marketing people that all lied to you saying they would provide power lol. Caps run the flash on a camera, and that is exactly the type of power they deliver....a tiny bit but really fast.
Thats a good description of what a cap is, and what its not. My buddy who used to do pro competitions told me his engine management computer was way happier after he installed the proper caps for his (way bigger than anyone needs) stereo system, he was killing fewer alternators too. Its not a magical problem fixer, or a power-making genie. it's more like a buffer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha