lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 G9 engine rebuild

Definitely worth a phone call tomorrow. If this is a drop in kit then that is the way to go. Thanks.
cartnupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It is a kit, I know know how "drop in" it is. There is some assembly and might be a little fab work to get it just right. It's definitely not a difficult swap for someone with some mechanical skills. Since you disassembled the stock engine, I"m assuming you will do fine with it.

This is actually the kit you want

http://www.vegascarts.com/product-p/yamkitg2.htm

Remember to figure in the cost of the engine at $439 for the assembled version.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

Am I adding this up right ? The 690 bucks is for the Installation kit. The engine itself is another 439 ? I have no problem with any of the mechanical aspects. I just cant weld !!!! This looks like the way to go as far as upgrading goes but if its 690 + 439 it may be cheaper for me to just buy new guts and rebuild this one. Im going to call them tomorrow when I get a chance and get out the calculator. Thanks for all the info. I rebuilt our Par Car engine a couple years back and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than this Yamaha !
Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

If you go the clone route and buy the whole kit it will cost a little more than what it would cost to rebuild your motor but then you get more horsepower and speed with the clone. You can check out my build "Project meatwagon" in the clone section. I tried to save money and use the stock clutch but I would have had to modify the motor to use the stock clutch so I decided to just bite the bullet and order a new clutch.
firemedic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #15
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

I will check that thread. If the crank and side cover werent so damaged I would not hesitate to rebuild. More horsepower = good !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha