lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: performance lack after plowmans kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteramatt View Post
Ok first of all i have been trying to get ahold if don for a month to no avail. He called back once but inwasnt around.
I've called Don on 4 different occasions. The first time I got him on the phone. The other 3 times he called be back within a few hours. I'm just not understanding how you have tried for a month? How many times did you call?

I would call back and explain the conditions exactly. How steep and how long the hill is. The cart details. What parts. And explain what you are wanting to achieve.

If you are wanting to climb hills at 25 mph with a stock engine, that's just not going to happen. I'm running a clone with probably 25-30hp and I can't climb any steep hill faster than 10 mph. If it's a steep hill, why would you ever want to go faster than that anyway, that's very dangerous. If it's a road, I can get 20 mph out of a 6-7% grade. If it's steeper maybe 15 mph. Some of the trails I ride have hills that look and feel like 45 degrees, so speed would be around 5 mph on those. All of the hills I climb with mine, the rpms will sit right at 3200 pretty consistently, which must be the peak torque of my engine.

With a stock engine with 10-13 hp, I'm guessing your speeds would be slower by maybe 30%. So if I'm climbing a decent 7% grade at 20 mph, you'd be at 14 mph. Just a guess.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ive called about 10 times and spoke to him once. He has called me back again but i wasnt around. I spoke to the other guy that works there butbhe was no help at all and just said talk to don.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #13
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The difference in elevation is 2000 ft. I know itbwas running rich while i was up there.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #14
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Sounds like he is at least trying to return your calls. Just hang in there. They are some awesome people and really do care about there customers unlike other companies ive dealt with over the years.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The elevation will have a lot to do with it,as will incline angle,weight(passengers,gear,coolers,etc....).If its a 4- seater,with 4-average size men,you have 7-800lbs of weight added to the 700 lb. Cart.A lot of people tend to overlook the fact that its still an 11hp,single-cylinder golf-cart,its not going to rip up the side of a hill,mountain etc...no matter what you do to the stock motor,it just doesn't make that kind of power or rpm.Switch to a Clone,or Big-Block,and you will be shocked by the difference.Give Don a chance,he will get you the answers to all your questions.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #16
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Proper carb tuning is huge on these one lung ers if you put cables back to stock then it's a pita but well worth it once you get it tuned properly I am not very easily impressed but with plowmans kit it went from golf cart to go cart! I can't say enough good about this kit be patient don is very busy but I'm sure he will walk you through this he is Yamaha Motörhead you may just need different jet for up north? Give him all your details and he will dial you in!
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 AM   #17
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Dang right once you get it dialed in it really puts the word go in golf cart. I had a brand new cart with just a few hours on it when i installed the kit. Even with a new cart my valves still needed adjustement. Thats one more item to check while your at it.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #18
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Panteramatt did Don tell you to adjust your valves to .008 ? He didn't say anything to me about changing the setting on mine from .004 . Just wondering what difference if any it would make. Maybe he was just trying to get you setup for your location and the way you will be using your cart.
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #19
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaG14 View Post
Panteramatt did Don tell you to adjust your valves to .008 ? He didn't say anything to me about changing the setting on mine from .004 . Just wondering what difference if any it would make. Maybe he was just trying to get you setup for your location and the way you will be using your cart.
I have Don's kit in south LA and Don advised me to go to .008 on the valves, but Don also instructed me to do the adjustments with a HOT engine and on a compression stroke.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #20
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Mudhog is the stock setting for g16 .004 for the valves just like my g14 ? Just thinking what the advantage is with the valves being twice as loose as stock . Also I know it needs to be on compression stroke but I used to adjust valves on one of my cars in the old days which had solid lifters with it running . I tried adjusting my cart similar by letting it turn over and adjusting them that way. Also while not turning over too . Seems to run good anyway.
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha