lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Blackpearl72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default g1 brake issue

Trying to change brakes on my 81 g1 and one of the adjusters on the top of the backing plate and is covered with the rubber boot has been turned in to far and won't back out. Can't get a new one because the part is discontinued and can't leave it because brake will be too tight. Afraid if I put it is going to break off if I force it. I don't believe it is frozen because it did turn in a click. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks
Blackpearl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Blackpearl72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: g1 brake issue

Anyone know where I can buy a used one?
Old 08-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Blackpearl72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I see that the brake shoes for some other brands of cart,club car and ez go I believe it was,does anyone know if the manual adjuster on the top of the backing plate from one of these carts will fit my g1. And if so what year or model?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I dont know if they are the same, but clubcar used a system that i think is the same thing you describe.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
Blackpearl72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I found a cart place that had a used brake adjuster so I no longer need one. But I would like to thank smallblock450sl and cgtech for their help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha