lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #31
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo pds alltrax 400 quit running

Wait!
Pin 5 I believe is red wire to battery side of the solenoid
which is hot (+) all the time.

Pins 1,4,5 should all have (+) power when the key is on & same for either pin 3 or 4 when the cart is in gear. (F&R)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #32
georgia088
Gone Wild

When I check the micro switch under the mat, I get continuity between the two terminals when the pedal is pressed. When the pedal is released the continuity is disconnected. I would assume this means the micro switch is working.

The wires in my 10 prong connector on the dcx controller colors do not match the schematic.

The only wire in the ten prong connector that changes when I press the pedal is pin 5 which is green.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #33
georgia088
Gone Wild

Here is what my connector looks like

Old 09-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh, I see, that's what I get for coming in the middle of something.
I keep posting a Curtis controller document and you are working with an Alltrax DCX controller

Here is what you should be working with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in PDS - B+ to solenoid and Pedal Switch.JPG (203.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #35
georgia088
Gone Wild

Thanks. So my question is. If I connect a wire from pin 5 (the only one that changes when the pedal is pressed) to the solenoid. So that I get pack voltage to the solenoid when the pedal is pressed, will this work?

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

IDK. You should not have to do that. I think you may have a bad adapter there because all this should be happening automatically. They are only about $30. Might be the best route to go now?
Old 09-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #37
georgia088
Gone Wild

I think the controller may be going bad or is partially bad. As bad as I hate to say it. Because, the blue wire going to the solenoid that usually drops from pack voltage to 0 with the pedal pressed no longer does that. It is a constant b-. However, bc pin 5 will provide b+ with the pedal pressed, I have "rigged" it to provide the b+ to to one side of solenoid while the blue wire provides constant b- to complete the circuit of the solenoid activation (basically opposite of how it should work). I had to remove the diode that connects the small terminals of the solenoid, but the cart seems to run fine... for the time being. I hope this will last a while. If someone has a better solution I would love to hear it. Thanks for the help y'all gave!

Old 06-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #38
Russia
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB, my cart is doing the same thing as the guy above. I have a 1999 Ezgo TXT DCS 36v with a DCX 400 controller. It lurches an inch or two and stops when I push the accelerator, batteries reading good, green flashes 4 times and red 6 times when I press the accelerator. I hear a click when I press the accelerator, but I think that is the microswitch for the ITS that is clicking, but it is hard to tell. I also noticed that the resistor on the solenoid is hot to the touch after I have pressed the accelerator a few times testing it. I have another cart that is exactly the same and works fine that I have been switching parts from to narrow down the problem. I switched the solenoid, reed switch, and ITS and still have the same issue, however, the parts cart runs with the switched parts from the problematic cart. Would I also be looking towards the blue wire as the problem? Is there a possibility that a bad ITS microswitch would cause the same symptoms?
Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #39
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A bad pedal switch can cause the problem your describing.

You should get battery pack voltage on Pin-5 when pedal is pushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in DCS.jpg (268.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO