lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2018, 02:09 AM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #22
fldave
Not Yet Wild

Update: Met up with Bob last weekend. All I can say is wow! We have rabbit mode somewhere between 32-34mph, and Turtle topping off at about 21.

Acceleration is absolutely incredible, I’d never thought I’d say this but it’s almost too quick off the line. Neighbors can’t believe their eyes.

My advice to anyone meeting Bob to program the 72v carts: Pick a clear warm day and schedule plenty of time. We had 34 degrees, rainy and miserable to do test drives, on top of that I had to be on the road before noon to get back to FL at a reasonable hour.

Overall I’m happy with the cart, but my wife would like a few adjustments in turtle mode so the acceleration isn’t to fast.

Bob will make any adjustments until you’re 100% happy and encourages you to drive the cart as much as possible.

Great guy, really knows his stuff on these carts!
Thanks again Bob!
fldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Update: Met up with Bob last weekend. All I can say is wow! We have rabbit mode somewhere between 32-34mph, and Turtle topping off at about 21.

Acceleration is absolutely incredible, I’d never thought I’d say this but it’s almost too quick off the line. Neighbors can’t believe their eyes.

My advice to anyone meeting Bob to program the 72v carts: Pick a clear warm day and schedule plenty of time. We had 34 degrees, rainy and miserable to do test drives, on top of that I had to be on the road before noon to get back to FL at a reasonable hour.

Overall I’m happy with the cart, but my wife would like a few adjustments in turtle mode so the acceleration isn’t to fast.

Bob will make any adjustments until you’re 100% happy and encourages you to drive the cart as much as possible.

Great guy, really knows his stuff on these carts!
Thanks again Bob!
Thank you Dave, it was certainly good to meet you.

Maybe I can stop by and tweak your Turtle accel down a bit while I'm passing through Florida on my next trip. It'll not take long.

Bob
Old 02-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Dave, I sent you a PM. I'll be in FL in a few days to retweak your accel down.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Sorry Dave, I could not find your phone number in my phone. I must leave Florida now, other await for me to show up...

Bob
Old 05-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #26
CurtisHansen
Not Yet Wild

Hi Bob,
Do you have a resource for those of us in the frozen north? I live in MN and ordered a new 72v Express L6 and it only goes 11mph. My neighbors L6 was tweaked to 21 miles an hour but his is a few years older and not the 72V.

If you have contact information or can refer me to anyone in Minnesota I would be very grateful

-Curtis
CurtisHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:16 PM   #27
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisHansen View Post
Hi Bob,
Do you have a resource for those of us in the frozen north? I live in MN and ordered a new 72v Express L6 and it only goes 11mph. My neighbors L6 was tweaked to 21 miles an hour but his is a few years older and not the 72V.

If you have contact information or can refer me to anyone in Minnesota I would be very grateful

-Curtis

HI,

I'm in Wisconsin on the Minnesota border and I also just bought a new Express L6. I need Bob also. Anybody else in the upper Midwest so that once he's feeling better we can build a good itinerary for him?

Thanks
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:12 PM   #28
Jhall31
Not Yet Wild

I have a question about a 2020 72v EZGO. I got it brand new and I am being told from the golf cart place that sold me the golf cart that it is normal for the controller to “buzz” for 30 seconds and then click off. But if you change the position of the key to F or R or push on the gas the “buzz” comes back. Is this normal?
Jhall31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:04 AM   #29
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhall31 View Post
I have a question about a 2020 72v EZGO. I got it brand new and I am being told from the golf cart place that sold me the golf cart that it is normal for the controller to “buzz” for 30 seconds and then click off. But if you change the position of the key to F or R or push on the gas the “buzz” comes back. Is this normal?
No, that is not normal. That indicates that someone has gone in there with an OEM handset and made changes to one or both of the motor calibration settings. It'll need to be recalibrated at a facility like FSIP that has the equipment to do it.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:07 AM   #30
Jhall31
Not Yet Wild

What is FSIP? I did ask them to make the car faster. Bob I have read many posts that you are the man when it comes to this. I am located in SC, how do I get you to do it?
Jhall31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO