lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #11
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 EZ-GO RXV AC Motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Rockin View Post
Thanks for the information. Very much appreciated, you guys are great. One point of clarification....are you suggesting I am asking too much of this cart overall? Or that with a new controller all is good? Thanks again, I'm excited to own one.
That cart if it has a stock 235 amp Curtis controller yes your asking to much out of that controller. It will do its job for awhile but sooner or later you'll blow that controller.

The easy fix is a new 350 amp Curtis controller. It will handle everything you want it to do.

I have a 2011 RXV and I love it.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

New controller and new cables on the batteries and to the controller. The stock 6g cables aren't gonna cut it. The motor cables basically can't be changed, they are permanently attached to the motor. The Curtis 350 controller will do donuts, it's worth it. And if you can get Bob to sprinkle his magic on it, it will outperform just about anything out there, AC or DC cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:57 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Yea, the problem with that cart is the 23" tires. A stock controller cannot survive for long trying to turn 23" tires on most terrain, unless you are really easy on the pedal ALL of the time and do not try to climb hills. The stock motor maps in the stock controller were designed to drive tires no larger than 20.5" tall. Flat roads do not exist everywhere, which is what that cart was essentially built for. I have custom tuned stock Curtis RXV controllers for tires up to 21". The 350 Amp Curtis RXV controller was designed for driving larger tires, climbing steeper hills, and hauling more passengers/heavier loads.

When turned up, the 235 Amp stock Curtis RXV controller is capable of delivering a combined 705 Amps as compared to the Navitas "600 Amp" RXV controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:18 AM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yea, the problem with that cart is the 23" tires. A stock controller cannot survive for long trying to turn 23" tires on most terrain, unless you are really easy on the pedal ALL of the time and do not try to climb hills. The stock motor maps in the stock controller were designed to drive tires no larger than 20.5" tall. Flat roads do not exist everywhere, which is what that cart was essentially built for. I have custom tuned stock Curtis RXV controllers for tires up to 21". The 350 Amp Curtis RXV controller was designed for driving larger tires, climbing steeper hills, and hauling more passengers/heavier loads.

When turned up, the 235 Amp stock Curtis RXV controller is capable of delivering a combined 705 Amps as compared to the Navitas "600 Amp" RXV controller.

Bob

Lol, I hear "have you seen what we offer for the Rxv" all the time from the regulars, I just laugh........(I love when they send rookies out).

I give those sales jerks a ride on a 350a Rxv with street tires, and they say "huh-what".
It's easy to break the axle locating pins before the batteries are even "seasoned". Yep, it can break itself with factory upgrade parts. And drag races against "nice build" 48v series hotrods almost always leave the the Rxv the winner. You gotta have some serious equipment to challenge a tuned 350a Rxv.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:51 AM   #15
Table Rockin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post

Bob
Bob you got a sale. Im sure the controller is stock. Ill PM ypu after i pick it up.

Seriously thanks to all.
Table Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:18 AM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Lol, I built a 800a series Yamaha Drive that would yank the front wheels and turn left on launch, it beat (by about a golf cart length) the Rxv in "full tune" mode, and that build cost way more money.... Yes, the best part of my job is building neat stuff that most "golfers" don't need (but might want).
Old 02-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
Table Rockin
Not Yet Wild

Well here it is. Picked up yesterday....long drive. It was dirty when I picked it up and it got really dirty on the way home. It started raining while I was loading it up and rained most of the way home. Today I gave her a bath and she looks really good. Couple scratches but overall I've very pleased with how it looks.

What do you all do to clean the batteries? Mine are dirty enough they probably need cleaned. I've watched videos with people using a baking soda water combo and another guy that had a can of some commercial application. Either way they just spray it on, let it do its thing and than hose off with water.

Spraying water down in that area seems a bit odd to me....its that safe? When I washed it today I covered the electrical components on either sides of the batteries for fear they would get wet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190217_001716.jpg (140.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190217_001734.jpg (137.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190217_151916.jpg (164.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190217_151839.jpg (172.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190217_151848.jpg (222.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #18
Table Rockin
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know where to get these curtis 350 amp controllers for less than $1,000?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #19
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks great. Congrats on your new addiction.
I put the cart in tow mode and cover the controller with a plastic when washing down the battery compartment.
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:43 AM   #20
Table Rockin
Not Yet Wild

So I'm running into issues now with my cart storage options......so I need to look for alternative solutions. My plan was to park the cart next to a storage shed that had power but now I'm being told that is not an option as there are no power outlets next to this shed. We have a condo on table rock lake and I will keep the cart on the condo resort grounds. Anyway I'm now looking at an option to have some power run to basically a open area but wondered where I'd physically put the charger....do you think it would be a big no no to have the charger sitting on a concrete block that is set on the floorboards of the cart? That way the charger is covered but I worry about the amount of heat generated during the summer months with this setup. The charger would be baking inside the covered cart would be my guess. Or do I just need to sell this thing and buy a gas cart ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO